We are looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer to work remotely anywhere in the world. At LogicVein you will have the opportunity to build products that currently help many of the largest companies in the world maintain more reliable networks.
Privately held and steadily profitable, LogicVein has been focused on the network management domain for over a decade as a respected provider of innovative solutions.
You will be responsible for core feature development for our network management and monitoring products.
- Design and implement high-quality product features for monitoring and managing enterprise networks
- Active participation in improvement of development process and practices
- Diagnose and debug customer issues
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Mentor junior developers
- 8+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Deep knowledge of Java and JVM
- Strong understanding of OSI model and network programming
- Strong logic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Experience with network management or systems administration
- Experience with developing large-scale “software as a service” architectures
This position is for remote work. Our main office is in Kawasaki, Japan and we have a small team of sales and support staff around the United States.
All development is in English so fluency in English is required. Japanese language skills, while not required, are a plus.
This is a full-time position. The working hours will be whatever best suits you with once- or twice-a-week meetings in the Tokyo time zone. The team regularly communicates using chat and video conferencing.