Software Engineer(will belong to our Backend System Team) focuses on the system architecture and design, development, and deployment of Mujin's motion planning AI-equipped intelligent robot controllers.
Design and implement a wide variety of system software
- Real-time OS and real-time network protocols
- Linux kernel modules, Linux boot, and base system, hardware drivers
- System security, TPM, and data encryption
- Build tools and infrastructure, deployment, remote control, and upgrade system.
Design and implement reliable, high-performance backend services and APIs for industrial robot controllers
- High-performance HTTP server
- ZeroMQ inter-process communication
- High-efficiency database
- Cloud services
- Develop drivers to interface with industrial hardware such as robots, conveyors, 3D cameras, sensors, PLC, AGV, ASRS, WMS
- Solve cutting-edge complex technical challenges throughout the entire system
- Occasional business trips to customer sites in Japan and abroad
- BSc degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent academic or work experience
- Excellent experience and high proficiency in C++ and Python
- Advanced Linux user, excellent experience in Linux software development
- Technical communication skills in English
- Expert in Linux internals
- Expert in the networking stack, network protocols, routing, async I/O
- Expert in Docker and its internal workings
- Experience in full-stack development
- Expert in real-time OS, Linux kernel module development, EtherCAT
- Experience in robotic software development
- We are looking for those who are prepared to dedicate themselves to facing big challenges, work proactively and independently, and take ownership when working with members across the teams!
- You will get your “hands dirty” working on all aspects of the industrial robot controller, not being confined to a specific component in the system. The work is challenging, mostly like something that you have never done before, requiring extensive research.
- Since the work is widely applicable, it will affect everyone in the engineering team, making the Backend System Engineers the likely “go-to” people. You will have chances to travel and work onsite to integrate cutting-edge industrial systems such as AGVs and ASRS.