Treasure Data is seeking a new developer to join our fully remote development teams as part of the Insights and Data Systems Group. We work on a variety of projects using various exciting technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Redshift, Aurora, AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis to ingest and provide business intelligence on vast quantities of data to meet our customers needs.
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves to learn and is willing to look for new and innovative solutions to the problems Treasure Data encounters when dealing with data at such a large scale. They may or may not have a wealth of experience in Ruby or programming in general. The willingness to learn, try new things and have the ability to think problems through and analyze available options is more important, we can teach you the rest.
At Treasure Data, you will have opportunities to combine your technical ability, strategic thinking, and detail-oriented execution in an energetic, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. Your work will contribute to the continued evolution of product functionalities while working with a truly world class engineering team, employing state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
Cool things to have
- Able to communicate clearly. Programming isn't just about writing code, it's about being able to communicate ideas with your team, customers and the machine itself.
- Keen desire to learn. We are constantly aiming to improve our work and ourselves, by constantly learning we are able to do this.
- Self motivated. Even if a decision turns out to be wrong, this is better than being indecisive. Trying and learning from failures is hugely valuable.
- Knowing when to ask for help. Try for as long as you can but if you get stuck, ask for help. Your teammates are here to support you and your development.
- Critical thinking. Be able to base decisions on the information available, not just blindly accepting solutions without investigation.
- Strong programming experience. We primarily write in Ruby, so experience here is beneficial, but any language is good as long as you're willing to learn.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented designs patterns is a big plus as is Test Driven Development and other mainstream programming paradigms.
- Knowledge of a web framework, be it Django, Rails, Sinatra etc and how it can be used to implement a RESTful API.
- Knowledge of RDBMSs such as Postgres or Mysql and SQL to run queries against them.
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of AWS systems such as Redshift, Aurora, Lambda etc.
- Knowledge of API design patterns, HATEOS, REST, RPC etc and can explain the advantages and disadvantages.
- Prior experience in working on high traffic API based services.
- Knowledge of Devops skills such as AWS, Terraform etc, CI/CD.
Who we are:
Treasure Data employees are enthusiastic, data-driven and customer-obsessed. Our actions reflect our values of honesty, reliability, openness and humility. Treasure Data moved to remote-based work in March 2020 and is committed to ensuring it remains agile to accommodate shifting preferences of its workforce. While we are not working shoulder-to-shoulder, we still work side-by-side, finding unique ways to connect and create together while also respecting each other’s life priorities outside of work. We offer competitive salary and benefits and named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work. Treasure Data is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What we do:
Treasure Data is the only enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) that harmonizes an organization’s data, insights, and engagement technology stacks to drive relevant, real-time customer experiences throughout the entire customer journey. Treasure Data helps brands give millions of customers and prospects the feeling that each is the one and only. With its ability to create true, unified views of each individual, Treasure Data CDP is central for enterprises who want to know who is ready to buy, plus when and how to drive them to convert. Flexible, tech-agnostic and infinitely scalable, Treasure Data provides fast time to value even in the most complex environments.