Backend System Engineer will focus on the system architecture and design, development and deployment of the motion planning AI-equipped intelligent robot controller.
<Design and implement a wide variety of system software>
- Real-time OS and real-time network protocols
- Linux kernel modules, Linux boot and base system, hardware drivers
- System security, TPM and data encryption
- Build tools and infrastructure, deployment, remote control and upgrade system
<Design and implement reliable, high-performance backend services and APIs for industrial robot controllers>
- High-performance HTTP server
- ZeroMQ inter-process communication
- High-efficiency database
- Cloud services
- Develop drivers to interface with industrial hardware such as robots, conveyors, 3D cameras, sensors, PLC, AGV, ASRS, WMS
- Solve cutting-edge complex technical challenges throughout the entire system
- Occasional business trip to customer site in Japan and abroad
- BSc degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields, or equivalent academic or work experience
- Excellent experience and high proficiency in C++ and Python
- Advanced Linux user, excellent experience in Linux software development
- Technical communication skills in English
- Expert in Linux internals
- Expert in networking stack, network protocols, routing, async I/O
- Expert in Docker and its internal workings
- Experience in full-stack development
- Expert in real time OS, Linux kernel module development, EtherCAT
- Experience in robotic software development
We are looking for those who are prepared to dedicate to facing big challenges, work proactively and independently, and take ownership when working with members across the teams!
【Attractiveness / Uniqueness】
- You will get your “hands dirty” working on all aspects of the industrial robot controller, not being confined to a specific component in the system. The work is challenging, mostly like something that you have never done before, requiring extensive research.
- Since the work if widely-applicable, it will affect everyone in the engineering team, making the Backend System Engineers the likely “go-to” people. You will have chances to travel and work onsite to integrate the cutting-edge industrial systems such as AGVs and ASRS.
Tatsumi office: 3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0053 Japan