Rakuten is one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company.
Are you interested in building the next generation of Internet services that will be used by millions of users across the globe every day? Rakuten is one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the Internet while aiming at becoming the No.1 Innovative Company in the world.
The Payment Platform Department is thinking big: We build scalable platforms that powers the Rakuten Ecosystem worldwide, and we play the central role of technical innovation in Rakuten.
We provide various payment services and is seeking an individual who can lead to expand and spread our services together. We are seeking an experienced DBA to manage development projects on credit card payment, alternative payment methods as well as improving our business.
Why We Hire
This role will allow you to be part of a global team, interacting with overseas colleagues while overseeing various requirements such as mission critical service, external/Internal service, speed, and flexibility, etc. We need to provide a stable database environment but, at the same time, efficient operations are also needed to support the ever-changing organization.
- Design, build and maintain the database platform to provide stable and secure services
- Proposing and designing plans and leads for new database system based on various factors such as capacity planning, lifecycle management, and requests from related groups
- Building databases through various tasks like DBMS installation, parameters configuration, connection settings and configuring Cluster and Backup systems
- Providing 24x7 responsive support for the customers through daily monitoring, trouble shooting and performance tuning of the database systems
- Automation, standardization and visualization of our daily operations and processes to maximize productivity · Verification and evaluation of new products, functions and versions
Team: 2 managers and 12 members. All members joined as mid-career entry and have solid skills and experiences on Systems engineering or Database administration. AWS services:
- RDS (MySQL-aurora, Postgras-aurora)
- Document DB
- Elastic beanstalk
- Container etc.
- Customized script by Python, Shell script
- Atlassian product (confluence, JIRA)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a DBA, Database Engineer, or similar role is required.
- Strong, demonstrable DBA experience, knowledge of Hadoop and MySQL in AWS cloud.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl).
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services such as RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, S3, CLI, SDK or equivalent cloud services.
- Experience managing and supporting large and complex mission-critical production databases.
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
- Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions.
- Passion for learning and using new technologies.
- Experience with non-relational database technologies.
- Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the infrastructure.
- Experience working directly with customers, resolving database, systems, and infrastructure-related issues.