AWS Cloud Residency Program
Slalom’s AWS Cloud Residency Program is designed to grow career technologists into world-class cloud professionals and leaders. This program enables dynamic & diverse teams, creates meaningful outcomes for our customers, and grows technologists who can build the future. As a Cloud Resident at Slalom, you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading cloud experts, support global customers, accelerate your professional growth, and have fun while doing it. You’ll build a community with your cohort of residents, engage with our Employee Resource Groups, and build in-demand technical cloud skills through it all.
Slalom is one of AWS’ largest Premier partners, and as a result, we have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and interesting challenges our customers face. During your residency, you will have the opportunity to participate in every phase of our industry leading cloud transformation framework helping guide our customers through their cloud migrations. Hands on experience in each phase will not only give you exposure in some of the most progressive and modern technology platforms but also critical experience toward becoming a multi-certified AWS professional.
Whom You’ll Work With
At Slalom, we co-create custom software, data, and cloud products with clients who are ready to accelerate their digital transformation. We're passionate about technology and compelled by its potential as we help create digital products, experiences, and technology-driven organizations that drive actual change. We’re thrilled by the opportunity to build the future we want to see with anyone willing to join us.
Software Engineers at Slalom bring our client’s visions to life! We use modern tools and techniques to build secure, highly scalable software products that handle our clients' most innovative and strategic work. We follow Agile practices when building software components and applications that utilize modern frameworks and cloud scale to accelerate our client's business. Our Software Engineers are committed to the craft of collaboratively building high-quality and sustainable software products that delight our clients and their customers by taking advantage of emerging tools in an ever-changing technological landscape.
We build full-stack solutions across a range of established and emerging technologies and techniques according to the needs of our clients, including:
- Front-end applications targeting native mobile and modern web platforms. Examples include React, Angular, and Vue.
- APIs and back-end services built using emerging frameworks and architectural patterns. Examples include Node, Typescript, Java, and .Net.
- Hosting and application services provided by industry-leading cloud providers. Examples include AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Operational efficiencies leveraging modern ecosystems and automated build and deployment pipelines.
- Collaborative build practices that allow our teams to be agile and responsive to our client’s needs.
What You’ll Do
You will apply expertise to shape and deliver amazing software solutions to client challenges during Discovery and Delivery. You will partner with clients to understand their technical and functional challenges. As you iterate on solutions with clients, you will develop implementation and delivery plans that take advantage of emerging technologies at scale. You will guide team members through onboarding and joining each software program, familiarizing them with its objectives and technical direction. You will coordinate with other capabilities to ensure that world-class user experiences are understood, validation procedures are aligned, and automation components are delivered. Your expertise in designing and developing holistic software solutions will benefit the rest of Slalom as you contribute to communities and provide mentorship to others. Specifically, you will:
- Co-lead discovery and delivery project phases alongside other capability leaders.
- Develop and execute implementation plans in alignment with features and functionality designed to delight clients and customers.
- Provide oversight and guidance for other software engineers on medium-sized software teams.
- Write high-quality application code using emerging technologies and frameworks targeting cloud-based ecosystems.
- Collaborate with other software development capabilities to iteratively design, develop, validate, and operate software at scale using agile techniques.
- Ensure your team is empowered to deliver high-quality application code using emerging technologies and frameworks typically targeting cloud-based ecosystems.
- Advance the craft by developing and sharing materials and thought leadership with others.
What You’ll Bring
You will utilize your breadth of software design, delivery experience, and strong collaboration skills to coordinate the creation of complex systems. Your ability to communicate ideas through diagrams, documents, and code will contribute to the team’s ability to realize your client’s vision. Curiosity will drive you to understand how to keep your team focused while ensuring they work as efficiently as possible. Your sphere of influence grows as you interact with business and technology leaders to coordinate and deliver the right solution to them. You will feed others’ desire to learn and grow as you continue to expand your technical acumen across technologies and platforms.