AWS Cloud Residency Program
Slalom’s AWS Cloud Residency Program is designed to grow career technologists into world-class cloud professionals and leaders. This program enables dynamic & diverse teams, creates meaningful outcomes for our customers, and grows technologists who can build the future. As a Cloud Resident at Slalom, you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading cloud experts, support global customers, accelerate your professional growth, and have fun while doing it. You’ll build a community with your cohort of residents, engage with our Employee Resource Groups, and build in-demand technical cloud skills through it all.
Slalom is one of AWS’ largest Premier partners, and as a result, we have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and interesting challenges our customers face. During your residency, you will have the opportunity to participate in every phase of our industry leading cloud transformation framework helping guide our customers through their cloud migrations. Hands on experience in each phase will not only give you exposure in some of the most progressive and modern technology platforms but also critical experience toward becoming a multi-certified AWS professional.
Whom You’ll Work With
At Slalom, we co-create custom software, data, and cloud products with clients who are ready to accelerate their digital transformation. We're passionate about technology and compelled by its potential as we help create digital products, experiences, and technology-driven organizations that drive actual change. We’re thrilled by the opportunity to build the future we want to see with anyone willing to join us.
Software Engineers at Slalom bring our client’s visions to life! We use modern tools and techniques to build secure, highly scalable software products that handle our clients' most innovative and strategic work. We follow Agile practices when building software components and applications that utilize modern frameworks and cloud scale to accelerate our client's business. Our Software Engineers are committed to the craft of collaboratively building high-quality and sustainable software products that delight our clients and their customers by taking advantage of emerging tools in an ever-changing technological landscape.
We build full-stack solutions across a range of established and emerging technologies and techniques according to the needs of our clients, including:
- Front-end applications targeting native mobile and modern web platforms. Examples include React, Angular, and Vue.
- APIs and back-end services built using emerging frameworks and architectural patterns. Examples include Node, Typescript, Java, and .Net.
- Hosting and application services provided by industry-leading cloud providers. Examples include AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Operational efficiencies leveraging modern ecosystems and automated build and deployment pipelines.
- Collaborative build practices that allow our teams to be agile and responsive to our client’s needs.
What You’ll Do
You will focus on building high-quality software as part of a collaborative engineering team, using your skills to own the development of larger components. By regularly reviewing and contributing to the refinement of your team's work, you’ll align to project teams working alongside other talented software engineers and architects. You will lend creativity to solving software problems using core development tools and techniques. You will contribute to the entire software stack of the components that you own—aligning data, API, and UI components to the norms of the rest of the software product. All while experimenting with new technologies, developing skills across the stack, and contributing to the positive flow of your team. Specifically, you will:
- Write high-quality application code using emerging technologies and frameworks primarily targeting cloud-based ecosystems.
- Collaborate with other software development capabilities to iteratively develop, validate, and operate software at scale using agile techniques.
- Verify components at the unit and integration level using proven validation techniques.
- Develop supporting scripts and routines that automate procedures and help maintain components in production environments.
What You’ll Bring
Your primary responsibility will be delivering functioning, validated code based on your experience building production software. You will bring your ability to organize your ideas into design, code, and supporting tests that others on your team can use. Collaboration will be essential as you ensure that your components align with the overall technical direction of the product team. Humble expertise will serve you well as you listen and observe your client's needs to best apply your understanding. Curiosity will drive you to understand why your check-in broke the build as well as to lend a hand in maintaining the pipeline. Those around you will always feed a desire to learn and grow. You take pride in your work and appreciate the little details about the software you are building.