Treasure Data began by offering data warehousing and processing services; since then we’ve moved further up the value chain with our Customer Data Platform application (CDP). This growth has prompted a greater focus on consistent improvement in our development and operational practices, and we’re looking to add a new leader to our team who can play an essential role in maturing the company’s approach to engineering excellence through reliability.
Success in this role requires working directly and specifically in your area, but also regularly contributing to common code, standards, and practices. You and your team will be directly responsible for solutions for the platform in these key areas: CI/CD, Availability, and Observability.
This will require working with engineering teams on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors and wise trade-offs between competing factors when arriving at a solution.
Success in this role requires a passion for helping others and making their lives better, you do this by simplifying complex systems to make them understandable and operable. You are able to effectively communicate decisions, ideas, designs, and operation of systems and services.
Things you will do
- Work with engineering teams as a subject matter expert on systems at scale, teaching them and helping them reach their goals.
- Drive continuous improvement in CI/CD pipeline by measuring and reducing the amount of manual operational work, currently: CircleCI, AWS CodeDeploy, and in-house orchestration tool written in Python.
- Define success criteria for PoC, drive prototype implementation, measure the success, and push it forward toward common practice.
- Help us measure and improve reliability across engineering teams.
- Be an active participant and internal evangelist for our shared processes.
- Investigate system performance, errors, and problems.
Desirable and helpful to have skills
- A minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Engineering or Systems Engineering role with Distributed Systems at scale.
- Have experience operating services running in the cloud on AWS, or other public clouds or virtualized API-driven platforms.
- Have experience with distributed systems and operating them as they scale, including understanding their common failure modes.
- Have experience working as part of a distributed team and thrive in a highly collaborative and communicative work environment.
- Articulate with strong spoken and written English abilities by adopting language to the audience.
- Pride yourself on giving back to your community: open source contributions, speaking, teaching, mentoring, or helping others.
Who we are:
Treasure Data employees are enthusiastic, data-driven and customer-obsessed. Our actions reflect our values of honesty, reliability, openness and humility. Treasure Data moved to remote-based work in March 2020 and is committed to ensuring it remains agile to accommodate shifting preferences of its workforce. While we are not working shoulder-to-shoulder, we still work side-by-side, finding unique ways to connect and create together while also respecting each other’s life priorities outside of work. We offer competitive salary and benefits and named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work. Treasure Data is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What we do:
Treasure Data is the only enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) that harmonizes an organization’s data, insights, and engagement technology stacks to drive relevant, real-time customer experiences throughout the entire customer journey. Treasure Data helps brands give millions of customers and prospects the feeling that each is the one and only. With its ability to create true, unified views of each individual, Treasure Data CDP is central for enterprises who want to know who is ready to buy, plus when and how to drive them to convert. Flexible, tech-agnostic and infinitely scalable, Treasure Data provides fast time to value even in the most complex environments.