Treasure Data began by offering data warehousing and processing services, since then we’ve moved further up the value chain with our Customer Data Platform application (CDP), which is seeing a lot of traction with customers new and old. Moreover, CDP is the fastest growing offering we have and is front and center in most major initiatives across the company.
The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise and strong experience collaborating in a team-oriented environment. Together with the team, you will develop, improve, and advance the technology that powers the Treasure Data hosted analytics platform.
We will look to you to have a passion for developing new applications utilizing enormous data and extracting new insights from multiple sources.
Things You Will do:
- Participate in technical design, specifications, and implementation.
- Review the code, support other team members, and be responsible for the quality of the application.
- Transparent all development tasks for non-engineers outside the team.
- Support clarify high-uncertain requirements and design flexible systems for the change of requirements.
- Ensure scalability, performance, security, and operationalization during development, and be accountable for them.
- Collaborate with other teams ensuring compatibility between systems.
- Understand the software development lifecycle and produce relevant metrics.
- Keep up to date with novel technical concepts that we should adopt (and which ones we should ignore).
- Along with the rest of the team, own and operate the services that you built.
Your background and skills include:
- Experience in full-stack development.
- Experience in building, expanding & improving, and maintaining Ruby on Rails
- Being a code owner or reviewer to maintain an application.
- Container-based application development
- Designing CI/CD to automate recurring processes.
- Designing and building for reliability and operations.
- Designing architecture on AWS, such as VPC, network, and logging.
- Experience with SQL and working with and maintaining Relational Databases in a production environment.
- Knowledge of design patterns involving APIs that communicate with many backend components.
- An understanding of the importance of testing above all when it comes to production-quality code.
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility.
- Strong communication skills with a remote team across time zones.
- Proven initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements.
- Knowledge of online advertising.
- Designing SSO with OIDC.
- Designing API integration with external vendor systems.
We would be thrilled if you:
- Have previous experience working on a large web application.
- Have contributed to a production-grade web application handling high traffic.
- Have experience in developing a fully managed cloud service.
- Have experience with microservice-oriented architectures and authentication/authorization challenges.
- Have made open source contributions.
- Experienced with agile development.
- Share a GitHub link to one of your projects or profile along with your resume.
Who we are:
Treasure Data employees are enthusiastic, data-driven and customer-obsessed. Our actions reflect our values of honesty, reliability, openness and humility. Treasure Data moved to remote-based work in March 2020 and is committed to ensuring it remains agile to accommodate shifting preferences of its workforce. While we are not working shoulder-to-shoulder, we still work side-by-side, finding unique ways to connect and create together while also respecting each other’s life priorities outside of work. We offer competitive salary and benefits and named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work. Treasure Data is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What we do:
Treasure Data is the only enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) that harmonizes an organization’s data, insights, and engagement technology stacks to drive relevant, real-time customer experiences throughout the entire customer journey. Treasure Data helps brands give millions of customers and prospects the feeling that each is the one and only. With its ability to create true, unified views of each individual, Treasure Data CDP is central for enterprises who want to know who is ready to buy, plus when and how to drive them to convert. Flexible, tech-agnostic and infinitely scalable, Treasure Data provides fast time to value even in the most complex environments.