As a Software Engineering Leader, you will craft a long-term technology vision, deliver high quality software, help your team members to grow, and help create a world class advertising system. You will actively partner with Product Managers (PM) and other stakeholders to create and prioritize the product roadmap and to help refine and enhance the business strategy. You should share our passions for customer experience, growing a rich, vibrant business, and managing the career development and satisfaction of your team.
Job Advertising is a major source of revenue for Indeed. Your future team, Advertising System Capabilities, is part of our Advertising Systems group. The System Capabilities team’s mission is to design, build, scale, and extend our systems to handle all advertising on the world's #1 job site. We run the complex systems, architecture, APIs, and Data for all Advertising Campaigns at Indeed, Glassdoor, and other job sites. Our Tokyo-based team works closely with our partner teams in USA, UK, and India. Our business is expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for an experienced leader who can help us get to the next level of scale as we serve more job seekers and employers across more markets and sites globally.
Who You Are
- Define and drive your team’s technology vision and roadmap
- Providing leadership through leading a group of software engineering managers on achieving the Advertising Systems’ vision.
- Mentor engineers and provide feedback on software architecture designs and implementations of new products and features
- Create an engineering culture with an exceedingly high bar for quality, ownership, and bias for action
- Collaborate with PMs, QA, and other stakeholders to ensure that our products provide the best possible customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in managing software development with a strong track record of on-time delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience with selecting, attracting, motivating, coaching, retaining and developing engineers and their leaders.
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, distributed system architecture, and can demonstrate significant prior success as a software engineer who solved complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the online advertising industry, or advertising technology
- Experience working on production machine learning systems
- Experience running A/B tests and familiarity with statistical evaluation of test results
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Work in Tokyo
Lights, sights and a culture of connection make Tokyo a vibrant city like no other. Indeed Tokyo is taking on both the technical and business challenges of helping people get jobs in Japan. Our Sales and Client Success teams help employers and job seekers find each other while our Technical Design, Engineering and Product teams work fast and iterate often to make sure each job seeker has the best experience possible. Come help people get jobs in one of the world’s premiere technology hubs in Tokyo.