Money Forward aims to move people’s life forward by offering various SaaS applications for Back-office operations and eliminating unessential labor from complex daily tasks, and radically changing the quality of and time spent on work.
In Japan, with the “Electronic Booking Act” revised in January 2022 and the new “Invoicing System” that will be introduced in October 2023, the business environment in the corporate accounting field is expected to be significantly changed. The Digital Invoice department was established in June 2022 and is designing and developing products that provide users with a better experience in their business operations and better life.
Currently, the products of our department are developed in multiple locations in Fukuoka (Japan), Vietnam, and India. We are aiming to launch a new team in our headquarters in Tokyo. This team will be an English-speaking multinational team by hiring talented engineers from all over the world.
As a bilingual Engineering Manager of this newly established team in Tokyo, you will be responsible for building and managing a multi-national development team, as well as solving any technical and organizational issues.
- Developing and managing a multi-national engineering team
- Identifying and solving technical and organizational issues to scale the team
- Collaborating with management, business, product, and design teams
- Continuously improving the productivity of the engineering organization
- Ensuring that engineers and non-engineers have a mutual understanding of each other and are moving in the same direction
- Creating succession plans for engineering organizations
- Improving employee engagement and developer experience
- 5+ years of experience in web application development
- Experience in leading and managing an engineering team of 10+
- Experience in managing multi-national team members using English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Experience in leading and managing an engineering team of 50+
- Experience in engineering management (including hiring, evaluation, and training)
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, Go or Kotlin
- Experience in cloud infrastructure design, development, and operation
- Japanese: Fluent in both written and verbal
- English: Fluent in both written and verbal
- Base: 9,000,000 to 13,000,000 Japanese yen as annual gross
- Plus potential high-performance bonus (2 times a year)