Money Forward aims to move people’s lives forward by offering various SaaS applications for Back-office operations and eliminating non-essential work from complex daily tasks, and radically changing the quality of and time spent on work.
In the HR domain, we are providing the following six products;
- Money Forward Cloud Payroll
- Money Forward Cloud My Number
- Money Forward Cloud Attendance
- Money Forward Cloud Social Insurance
- Money Forward Cloud HRIS (Human Resource Information System)
- Money Forward Cloud Tax Adjustment
Since its launch in 2021, Money Forward Cloud HRIS has rapidly expanded its user base and is now in a growth phase. Our development plan includes implementing advanced features, such as granular permissions management and enhanced custom items, while also focusing on improving performance and optimizing the architecture for large-scale enterprises.
As the Engineering Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the success of our expanding engineering team. You will have the unique responsibility of overseeing and leading the development efforts of several products from above, ensuring their continued growth, innovation, and excellence. You will collaborate closely with leaders/PdMs from various development teams, employing multiple strategies and initiatives to address challenges and drive solutions. This position requires individuals capable of making decisions and exercising discretion, envisioning the future growth of the development organization to encompass 50 to 100 members.
Drawing upon your extensive experience in managing a development organization and the product development, you will assume the following roles and responsibilities within the HR engineering organization:
- Oversee the HR domain products and a development team, making cross-functional decisions to realize the product roadmap, including addressing technical challenges, resource allocation, and hiring.
- Evaluate and implement strategies aimed at enhancing productivity and maximizing the growth of the engineering organization, with a focus on the next three years.
- Lead mutual understanding and consensus building within the development organization team, including non-engineers, from the perspective of management and the entire HR domain development organization.
- Foster the development of successors and next-generation leaders through recruitment and evaluation, with a view towards the sustained growth of the HR domain.
- Enhance engineer satisfaction and developer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Experience in leading and managing a development team of more than 10 people
- Approximately 5+ years of web service development experience as an engineer
- Experience managing global teams
- Strong track record of managing engineering teams, including hiring, evaluation, and training, in a development organization of several dozen people
- Proficiency in developing services using Ruby on Rails
- Experience designing, developing, and operating cloud infrastructure, focusing on platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience in microservice design, development, and operation
- Experience in presenting at and organizing workshops and conferences related to the field
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- English: Business Level
- Japanese: Business Level
Min 9,000,000 - Max 13,000,000 Japanese yen / year (Gross)
Location, Remote Work
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Hybrid Work:
- As a standard practice, a minimum of 2 days work from office attendance is mandatory, designated as team office days. Additionally, employees are encouraged to spend 3 or more days in the office.
- The specific "team office days" may vary depending on the assigned team.
- This policy may be subject to change based on the company's needs and work circumstances.
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Backend: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, gRPC, Sidekiq Pro, RSpec, Kotlin
- Frontend: TypeScript,Next.js,Vue.js, Nuxt.js, Bootstrap-vue, Vue apollo, Jest
- Infrastructure: Amazon EKS, Aurora, ElastiCache, S3 etc
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- Repositories: GitHub
- Project management: JIRA
- Monitoring: Datadog, Rollbar
- CI/CD: CircleCI, ArgoCD, GitHub Actions
- Communication Tools: Zoom, Slack, Figma, Miro
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2023)
- Paid holidays: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) each year up to 20 days per year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacation days: 2 days
- Medical insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (Unlimited upgrade or purchase when needed for development is available upon approval.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals
- Communication Support
- Japanese language study support
- Online beginner courses
- Terakoya (Japanese study buddy program)
- In-house Translation & Interpretation team
- Active English-speaking employee community within the company
- Culture and Language exchange events
- Relocation Support
- Working and dependent visa sponsorship and application assistance
- Flight tickets (for employee and their dependent family)
- Airport pick-up
- Temporary fully furnished apartment
- 1st month: free
- 2nd and 3rd month - corporate discount available upon request
- Relocation bonus for initial life setup
- Settling-in support after arrival in Japan
- City office and bank account opening tour
- Information sharing about mobile plans, credit card applications, etc..
We are committed to making your transition to Japan and our company as seamless as possible, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
Final interview *Reference checks may be required before or after the interview.
Job offer and Meeting
*The selection process may change
Money Forward may ask you for the reference checks using an online service, called "back check".
Mutual understanding is limited in the selection process only. Therefore, we would like to refer to the information about you from your supervisor and colleagues working together at the current or previous company so that we can make a more reliable match and to lead to your early success after joining our company.
* No pass/fail decision will be made on the basis of the reference checks only.
* The fact that you are applying for us will not be disclosed to your references.