Moneytree is looking to help people & trusted organizations unlock the power of data for good. Our technology is used by major banks, accounting software companies and other fintech companies in Japan, including Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Mizuho Financial Group, TKC, Yayoi, and 60 other enterprise clients. Our apps are also used and trusted by millions of individuals.
The mission of the Personal Finance Management (PFM) team is to help people make informed financial decisions, feel more secure about their finances, and progress towards a financially healthier life by providing a safe and user-friendly platform. As an Android Engineer, you will work on building the Moneytree application on the Android platform.
If you like hard problems, love to impact large numbers of people, and are passionate about quality, we welcome your application. We are flexible, supportive and meritocratic. We are an international and diverse team. We offer a healthy work-life balance, work together to help you grow professionally, and reward your talent and positive attitude. You will communicate in English on a daily basis. Proficiency in Japanese is welcomed, but not strictly required.
Join us if you:
- Have a user first mindset and design systems with customer value in mind.
- Enjoy building not only complete mobile applications, but also designing tools such as SDKs to empower customers.
- Want to work on a platform relied on by millions of users for financial insights, while protecting their privacy.
- Interested in the finance / fintech field and have a desire to learn the related domains in-depth.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
You will spend time on the following:
- Working on the Moneytree application on Android.
- Working on mobile SDKs for our B2B clients.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team, both Android and iOS, to design, build, and maintain our apps.
- Apply technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer issues.
- Learning the finance domain in-depth, including: banking, insurance, e-commerce, credit cards and other types of financial institutions.
- Stay up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for developing mobile apps.
- Communicate with our stakeholders to understand their needs and experiences, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
What we’re looking for:
- Ownership of the Moneytree app. From quality to continuous integration pipelines to deployment, post-release monitoring and support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of modern Android architecture, frameworks and tools. Experience with technologies such as Jetpack Compose and Lifecycle, Dagger/Hilt, Realm, Retrofit. Experience with Airbnb’s Mavericks and Epoxy libraries is welcome.
- Familiarity with iOS development on a general level. Knowledge of widely used architecture patterns and frameworks.
- Understanding of how mobile and web applications work end to end (HTTP, Web services, REST APIs).
- Ability to perform in a team environment by being open, proactive and eager to collaborate with others.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.