Mujin uses robotics technology to develop smart automation solutions for logistics and manufacturing. Our technology gives robots perception and awareness, enabling them to take on more advanced tasks by applying our unique approach to industrial robotics, Machine Intelligence (MujinMI).
Our advanced technology is already used by multiple Fortune 100 companies. If you're interested in production-level robotics and want to be part of a team that changes the world through automation, Mujin might be the right place for you. Our team is growing fast at global offices in Japan, China, and the United States.
As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer, you will be a key member of our Robotics System Team and will be responsible for leading algorithmic design, development, and deployment of cutting-edge robotics technologies. We work in a fast-paced, agile environment where we constantly collaborate, review ideas amongst peers, and test proposed solutions. We encourage continuous learning and brainstorming of ideas within the team!
- Lead the development of motion planning, control, and system design of industrial robots applications, and solve cutting-edge scientific and technical challenges.
- Design, develop, and test motion planning and control algorithms for industrial robots to execute various tasks, highly concurrent software systems, and real-time communication modules with robot controllers and peripheral devices in C/C++.
- Lead the deployment of Mujin systems at customer sites, ensuring successful implementation and integration.
- Mentor and guide junior team members, providing technical leadership and direction.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to identify and address technical challenges, and contribute to the development of innovative solutions.
- Advanced degree in computer science, robotics, or related fields.
- 5+ years of work experience in robotics or software engineering.
- Strong proficiency in C++.
- Experience using linear algebra and 3D geometry to solve engineering problems.
- Experience with Linux.
- Strong passion to make robotics systems to be used in production.
- Proven experience in developing concurrent and hierarchical robotic software systems such as ROS.
- Experience leading software development in small to medium-scale teams.
- In-depth knowledge of multi-joint robot hardware.
- Advanced Linux user.
- Mathematical background such as multibody dynamics, collision checking, search algorithms, and optimization.
- We are focused on solving real-world problems and your contributions are deployed quickly to empower industrial robots to perform tasks that were previously impossible.
- Our team members come from specialized areas in robotics and have achieved degrees from top-tier universities such as Nanyang Technological University, Carnegie Mellon University, and MIT, and some have won top prizes in robotics competitions.
- We use "machine intelligence" to make our robots intelligent. It's a fusion of real-time motion planning, perception, simulation, and control technologies. Read it here.
- As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge robotics technologies, mentor junior team members, and contribute to the development of innovative solutions. We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual who can lead the development of advanced robotics software systems.
Tokyo HQ: 3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0053 Japan
8:45～17:45 (Includes 1-hour break)
- 2 full days off per week (Saturday, Sunday)
- Holidays scheduled on the Company’s calendar
- Paid Leaves
- Congratulation/Condolence, Maternity/Childcare, Family Caregiver Leave
- Flexible depending on experience and skills
- Commuting Allowance
- Social Insurance
- No dress code (You can dress casually)
- Buffet lunch (Free)
- Drinks and Snacks (Free) / High-end coffee machine (Free)
- Gym facilities in the office