Who we are / Our mission
NABLA Mobility Inc. is a startup company that leverages data analytics and AI/ML to develop cutting-edge products that optimize flight operations for airlines. Our mission is to promote operational resilience and advance decarbonization in the transportation industry by providing solutions that augment decision-making. To achieve this goal, we rely on state-of-the-art technologies such as AI/ML, which enable us to offer unparalleled value to our clients.
As a pioneer in this nascent field, we are excited to shape the future of airline operations by combining cutting-edge academic theories, technologies, and operational expertise.
Founded in 2021, we are now expanding our team and seeking exceptional individuals to join us at this early stage of development as we target the global market.
About the position
We have successfully developed "Untangle", a unique set of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies to unravel the complex operational environment. To accelerate our product(“Weave”) development, we are looking for a highly motivated professional who can proactively drive our design activities in our design team.
As our first mobile application engineer, you will play a critical role in proactively collaborating with our product and corporate teams to ensure a successful launch of our solution on mobile platforms, including developing APIs and fully utilizing device functionalities. This presents a unique opportunity to establish a foundation for your career growth, as you will have the chance to expand your responsibilities in line with your professional aspirations while meeting the needs of our dynamic teams.
What will you be doing
Lead the Untangle and Weave’s algorithm development and improvement.
- implementing cutting-edge academic studies to enhance our algorithms
- Ensuring and Improving that the algorithms and features meet the operational requirements of the real world, while improving their quality
Technological stack (Interim)
- Backend: Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, Python, TypeScript
- Frontend: Next.js, TypeScript
- Infrastructure: AWS, Azure
Skills And Experience Required
- Proven experience in data analytics and algorithm development in academia, research institutes, or private enterprises
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Skills in standard AI/ML technology of programming using TensorFlow, PyTorch, or other deep learning libraries
- Experience developing services using Git / GitHub in a team
- 3+ years of professional data science experience
- Ability to take raw product requirements and design algorithm
- Experience in product development for commercial use
- Experience in machine learning for data assimilation
- Knowledge and expertise in aviation weather, air traffic control, and flight trajectory prediction
- Knowledge and expertise in fluid mechanics accounting for natural convection and turbulence
- Ability to communicate effectively to both business and technical audiences
- BS degree in Computer Science, Meteorology, Aeronautics, and Astronautics or related fields
- MS or higher degrees plus
A successful candidate will have
As a team that operates in global markets and creates innovative products, we recognize the critical importance of finding individuals who not only possess the necessary skills and experience, but also align with our values and culture. We believe that cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace is essential to achieving our goals, and we are dedicated to fostering an environment where every member of our team can thrive and contribute to our collective success.
- Shares and empathizes with NABLA Mobility's Vision and Mission
- Comfortable working in groups with hands-on collaboration, while also being capable to design and to produce deliverables with a good degree of autonomy
- Willingness to learn new things and enjoy team and personal growth as part of a team climbing a huge mountain in the emerging global market
What we can provide you
- A passionate and innovative team with extensive experience in software development, aviation industry, and business, as well as an environment to work with academia
- Product development experience in a problem-solving-oriented team that constantly pursues technical challenges in order to maximize customer benefit as well as excellent user experience to deliver an application for professional usage
- Business experience balancing tangible social impact and business success
- Experience developing in an international business environment from the early stages of business, with a view to expanding into global markets
- Design for a state-of-the-art AI system
- Learn about the intersection of aviation and design
- We place a high priority on investing in our development infrastructure because of the significant impact we have on the productivity of our development teams. We listen carefully to our teams and are always actively working to improve our development environment
- We are flexible in our selection of technologies, with an emphasis on choosing the best tools and technologies for the task at hand
- We acknowledge your family and professional commitments to be balanced
- We have a flat organization where it is easy to make an impact, and take ownership of your role, and grow
- We provide a PC with the specifications of your choice
- Expected Salary: 5 million JPY or more per annum (*Exact salary will be decided based on ability and experience)
- Remote work possible depending on the situation
- Use of co-working space with focus rooms and booths is possible if desired.
- No specific dress code, but appropriate casual/business casual attire is required for external communications, including videoconferences.
- The Head office is in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Working schedules in accordance with Japanese law
- Weekend off (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
- Paid vacations, year-end and New Year vacations, sick and bereavement leave available
- Completed enrollment in the Japanese Social Insurance System
- Visa support available (if needed)
- Fluency in Japanese is not required