Who we are / Our mission
NABLA Mobility Inc. is a startup company that leverages data analytics and AI/ML to develop cutting-edge products that optimize flight operations for airlines. Our mission is to promote operational resilience and advance decarbonization in the transportation industry by providing solutions to augment decision-making. To achieve this goal, we rely on state-of-the-art technologies such as AI/ML, which enable us to offer unparalleled value to our clients.
As a pioneer in this nascent field, we are excited to shape the future of airline operations by combining cutting-edge academic theories, technologies, and operational expertise.
Founded in 2021, we are now expanding our team and seeking exceptional individuals to join us at this early stage of development as we target the global market.
About the Position
We have successfully developed, "Untangle", a unique set of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies to unravel the complex operational environment. To accelerate our product development, we are looking for a highly motivated professional who can proactively drive our design activities in our design team.
As part of our product design team, you will play a critical role in proactively collaborating with our product and corporate stakeholders to create successful UI/UX designs to deliver proper value to our customers and industry partners.
This presents a unique opportunity to establish a foundation for your career growth, as you will have the chance to expand your responsibilities, in line with your professional aspirations while meeting the needs of our dynamic teams.
You will work closely with our Senior Product Designer.
What you will be doing
- UI design for web apps, and native apps
- Interaction design and animation
- Closely working with engineers
- Support and learn from user testing, research, and in-person customer feedback
- Build custom components and maintain a component library
- Take part in the development and application of a design language that spans marketing and the product design system
Skills And Experience Required
- Sketch (bonus)
- Protopie (bonus)
- Understand the capabilities and constraints of design systems, including
- Material Design
- Human Interface Guidelines
- Carbon Design System (bonus)
- Human Centered Design mindset
- An understanding of Agile / Scrum methodology (bonus)
※If you have any past products, portfolios, or other materials, please provide them when you apply.
※Be prepared to participate in a design challenge exercise as part of the interview process.
A Successful Candidate will have
As a team that operates in global markets and creates innovative products, we recognize the critical importance of finding individuals who not only possess the necessary skills and experience, but also align with our values and culture. We believe that cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace is essential to achieving our goals, and we are dedicated to fostering an environment where every member of our team can thrive and contribute to our collective success.
- Shares and empathizes with NABLA Mobility's Vision and Mission
- Comfortable working in groups with hands-on collaboration, while also being capable to design and to produce deliverables with a good degree of autonomy
- Willingness to learn new things and enjoy team and personal growth as part of a team climbing a huge mountain in the emerging global market
What we can provide to you
- A passionate and innovative team with extensive experience in software development, the aviation industry, and business, as well as an environment to work with academia
- Product development experience in a problem-solving-oriented team that constantly pursues technical challenges in order to maximize customer benefit as well as excellent user experience to deliver an application for professional usage
- Business experience balancing tangible social impact and business success
- Experience developing in an international business environment from the early stages of business, with a view to expanding into global markets
- We place a high priority on investing in our development infrastructure because of the significant impact we have on the productivity of our development teams. We listen carefully to our teams and are always actively working to improve our development environment
- We are flexible in our selection of technology areas, with an emphasis on choosing the best tools and technologies for the task at hand
- We acknowledge your family and professional commitments to be balanced
- We use GitHub to manage our code, regardless of programming language
- We have a flat organization where it is easy to make an impact, take ownership of your role, and grow
- We provide a PC with the specifications of your choice
- Expected Salary: 5 million JPY or more per annum (*Exact salary will be decided based on ability and experience)
- Occasional remote work is possible depending on the situation
- Use of office space with focus booths is available if desired
- No specific dress code, but appropriate casual/business casual attire is required for external communications, including videoconference
- The Head office is in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Working schedules in accordance with Japanese law
- Weekend off (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
- Paid vacations, Year-end, and New Year vacations, sick and bereavement leave available
- Completed enrollment in the Japanese Social Insurance System
- Visa support available (if needed)
- Fluency in Japanese is not required