PlayBrain is looking for a front-end engineer for Taiyoro, our Japanese eSports information website and web tools to support streaming of eSports tournaments. Taiyoro is developing as a core foundation for the Japanese esports culture, and an engineer joining the team will have the opportunity to help create a strong future for esports in Japan. In addition, you will also be involved in the development of client projects making websites for gaming-related promotions and campaigns. The team works mostly in English, with some Japanese. Remote Work and Flex Time are available for suitable candidates.
- Front-end coding for eSports information website and web tool to support streaming of eSports tournaments
- Issue management, version control, and code review using Gitlab
- Teamwork skills (mainly communication skills)
- Write tests that validate the stability and correctness of implementations
- Handle refactorings with care
- 3+ years of frontend development experience using modern frontend frameworks such as React/Next.js
- Deep understanding of CSS, HTML and an ability to translate designs into clean code
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- AWS experience (S3 & Lambda)
- Animations experience (react-springs)
- Realtime Firebase database
- A designer background / styled-components
- Python experience.
- Strong testing methodology
- Shopify experience.
- Interested in gaming in general and e-sports in particular, or actually play them
- Experience with state management tools, such as Redux or React Context.
- Ability to understand/read basic Japanese.