Founded in Tokyo in 2016, PlayBrain develops and fosters communication channels with gamers. From our Tokyo headquarters, we are part of the Japanese gaming community, allowing us to understand the interests and passions directly. With our strong international network, we connect with gamers and businesses involved with games around the world creating unique opportunities in Japan and abroad.
PlayBrain is looking for a front-end engineer for our Japanese eSports information website (taiyoro.gg) and esports analysis service “PLAYDATA.gg”. Taiyoro is developing as a core foundation to the Japanese esports culture, and an engineer joining the team will have the opportunity to help create a strong future for esports in Japan. In addition, you will also be involved in the development of client projects making websites for gaming related promotions and campaigns. The team works mostly in English, with some Japanese. Remote Work and Flex Time are available for suitable candidates.
- Front-end coding for eSports information website and web tool to support streaming of eSports tournaments
- Issue management, version control, and code review using Gitlab
- Teamwork skills (mainly communication skills
- Write tests that validate the stability and correctness of implementations
- Handle refactorings with care
- 3+ years of frontend development experience using modern frontend frameworks such as React/Next.js
- Deep understanding of CSS, HTML and an ability to translate designs into clean code
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology
Nice to haves
- AWS experience (S3 & Lambda）
- Animations experience (react-springs)
- Realtime Firebase data base
- A designer background / styled-components.
- Python experience
- Strong testing methodology
- Shopify experience
- The experience of headless CMS such as Sanity
- 3.js or WebGL to help create a stunning/interactive/3d landing page