Rakuten is one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company.
Are you interested in building the next generation of Internet services that will be used by millions of users across the globe every day? Rakuten is one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the Internet while aiming at becoming the No.1 Innovative Company in the world.
By joining our TECH community, the IT powerhouse of the Rakuten Group, you will be part of a diverse global team and play a central role in our technology and innovation. Aligning with TECH’s innovative nature, our Incentive Platform Department (INPD) is thinking big: building scalable platforms that powers the Rakuten Ecosystem worldwide.
And we in Loyalty Platform Development Section are responsible for developing and operating Rakuten Point Platform, the most popular loyalty program in Japan. Through Rakuten Point, millions of users are connected everyday with popular Rakuten services such as EC, Bank, Card, as well as to thousands of convenient stores all over Japan. However, our mission doesn’t stop there, Rakuten point now is expanding in all over the world from Europe to the Americas to APAC region, and our next mission is to connect it all under single global platform.
By the time you finish reading this, hundreds of thousands of points transactions have been processed through our platform! Interested in hearing more? Come talk with us!
Why We Hire
The Rakuten Group continues to expand its business, and the point platform that supports it also continues to expand. In addition to maintaining stable operation, various initiatives are underway for new expansions. We are looking for a manager who manages the growing platform, project, resource, and grow together with the company.
Management of Platform Products Development:
- Conduct resource planning, requirements definition, quality control, post-release operations, etc.
- Cope with complexity and problems, be able to solve the problem on the spot.
- Manage and guarantee Product Delivery by aligning with Platform Product Roadmap and Milestones.
- Be responsible for Platform Product production quality, continuously improve the performance and maximize the reliability.
- Plan and manage improvements to make the platform service more convenient and satisfy the business requirements flexibly with minimum efforts.
- Discover both tangible and potential issues in development organizations and conduct improvement activities.
- Set mid-to-long term organizational goals and make strategy plans to achieve them.
- Implement strategies to achieve organizational objectives, members' career development, recruitment, and budgeting.
- Create an attractive organization that attracts excellent human resources.
- Various operations related to organizational management.
Each department has 100-150 members. There are a few managers by hierarchy. (General Manager, Vice General Manager, Senior Manager, Vice Senior Manager, Manager).
Most of the members joined as mid-career entry. Based in Japan, India, US, and EU, a wide variety of nationalities and communication mainly in English .
- 5+ years’ experience building, deploying and operating complex distributed system software.
- 3+ years of management experience for platform product delivery.
- 2+ years of development organization management experience of cross functional team (DEV/SRE/QA)
- Hands-on experience with modern distributed systems: Kubernetes, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
- Knowledge on modern cloud-native, web-scale, multi-cloud micro-services.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Detail-oriented personality who does not lose sight of the big picture
- Self-starter who inspires others with their work ethic and drive
- MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of Loyalty Platform
- Japanese communication skills