We're Flatt Security, a Tokyo-based cybersecurity startup. Our mission is to accelerate the world's product development with next-generation cybersecurity services designed for developers.
One of our developer-first approaches is Shisho Cloud, an enabler of the policy-as-code concept. It allows organizations to codify and automate routine work on tiresome security audits with ease in a modern and reliable way. Developers don't need a regular review of configurations and dependencies by hand; they need to integrate data sources to audit and write policy codes.
Pre-released in March 2022, Shisho Cloud goes on the journey of enabling policy-as-code just with three full-time employees. To extend our capability of security audit automation more fastly and create the future of the world's security engineering, Flatt Security is seeking a Software Engineer to drive our business forward together.
Due to the large number of applicants for this position, it may take 2~3 weeks to respond. We appreciate your understanding.
About the role
As a senior software engineer at Flatt Security, you'll join our mission by extending our policy-as-code platform. Your mission will be to make the platform more fast, reliable, and practical to automate a wide variety of security audits. In addition, you'll closely collaborate with our customers, other developers, and OSS communities as we iterate quickly on our product by rapidly shipping features and experiments. Your efforts will enable our customers to focus on policy engineering instead of auditing their products or organization by hand.
- Design and build backend microservices and CLI tools to extend the capability of policy engineering on our policy-as-code platform
- Integrate the platform with third-party platforms to enable automation of more and more security audits
- Contribute to open-source projects on policy-as-code technologies
- Work with our users and your fellow engineers to identify practical solutions to tough security operations
- Collaborate with your team through thoughtful code reviews, design discussions, and demos
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent practical experience
- Deep knowledge and operational experience related to security, including OS, networks, and middleware
- Experience in coding with Go
- Experience in using Kubernetes and Istio
- Experience in using infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience in developing cloud-native products with public cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Experience in continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
You are ideal for this role if you are
- Excited about our product’s vision and missions
- Eager to learn new skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experienced with tacking open-ended problems
- Thoughtful of the short and long-term tradeoffs and able to make pragmatic decisions
- Confident in every line of code in engineering solutions you architect and build
- Experience in leading and contributing to engineering projects on distributed systems
- Experience in coding with Rust
- Japanese: not required
- English: conversational
You can choose English or Japanese for interviews and resumes.
- Full-time with three months probationary period
- Your contract conditions during the probationary period will be the same as that after the period.
- Core hours: 12:00 - 17:00
You are required to relocate to Japan. However, as long as you live in Japan, you can work remotely. Our team is working remotely as of now.
Vacation & PTO
- Two days off per week, national holidays, New Year's break, etc.
- PTO; 5 days given at the time of joining and six months after joining, with more days granted per year
- Refresh leave; 3 days given at the time of joining and six months after joining, respectively, with more days granted per year
- Congratulatory and bereavement leave
- Range: 5,500,000 - 13,000,000 JPY
- Annual salary paid in 12 monthly instalments
- Depends on your skills, experience, and abilities
- Includes fixed overtime pay as an allowance for a peak period
- Reviewed twice a year
- Stock options are granted in addition to salary
About the engineering team
Our engineering team is:
- Excited about the opportunities to learn and adopt new technologies
- Dedicated to keeping high developer experience
- Sharing the mission and values of Flatt Security
- Backend: Schema-first development based on GraphQL and Protocol Buffers with Go and Rust
- Frontend: Next.js, Tailwind CSS
- Infrastructure: GCP/AWS, Kubernetes, Istio
- CI/CD: GitHub Actions, Tekton
- Source Code Management: GitHub
- Communication: Slack