About the position
As a small, self-funded company with around 10 members on our engineering team, you'll have an opportunity to really make an impact and grow as engineer. As such, we are looking for someone who has both excellent technical knowledge and skills while also taking initiative, challenging themselves by tackling complex problems with confidence and care. If the above describes you, we are eager to speak with you.
- Create UIs that are well designed, both for clients who use them and engineers who maintain them
- Be able to work independently and see work through from conception to completion
- Proactively collaborate with team members to complete tasks and projects
- Participate in code reviews and adhere to coding standards and best practices
- Write effective SQL queries and create DB structures using PostgreSQL
- At least 3 years of experience as a full stack software engineer
- At least 3 years of experience designing relational databases and writing performant SQL queries using PostgreSQL (preferred) or another RDMS
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure
- Experience with front-end technologies such as React (preferred), Vue or Angular
- Experience with unit testing
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Previous professional experience with Elixir and Phoenix framework
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience with container orchestration with tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- A degree in computer science or other related field
5 to 9 million JPY annually.
Includes bonuses, paid out twice per year
Online Interview with Founder and Senior Engineer(s) - 60min
We’ll discuss your engineering background and past experience, and give you a chance to learn more about our company.
You’ll have a chance to show off your technical skills by completing a small assignment. You have some freedom in what language(s) and technologies you use to complete this assignment, so don’t sweat it if you’ve never used Elixir before!
In-person or remote interview with the team - 90-120min
If you’re currently based in Japan, you’ll have an opportunity to enjoy lunch or dinner (on us!) at our office in Kichijoji. If you’re based outside of Japan, we’ll have a group video call. Either way, this will be a chance to meet and talk with members from various teams at our company. After that, there will be a technical interview with our engineers where you’ll discuss your solution to the above technical assignment as well as discuss other technical topics.
Onboarding Process for those coming from abroad:
- After successfully completing the interview process, we will extend you an offer.
- We'll both agree on a start date/time, at which point you'll start working remotely from your home country. This will be the start of a full-time trial period, where we make sure we're a good fit for each other. This trial period usually has a length of 4-8 weeks.
- Once we're both sure this is what we want, we'll start the visa application, and you'll continue to work remotely while the application is processing. This process on average takes 2-8 weeks, but can run longer.
- Once the visa application is approved, you will be issued a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE), and it's time to start planning your relocation if you haven't already. You have 90 days from the date the CoE is issued to enter Japan.
- Upon arriving in Japan, you'll join us at our office full time 5 days a week while adjusting to the environment and acclimating to working with the team in person.
- After the first month of working in our office, you can start slowly adding remote work days to your work week, up to 2-3 days per week.