Money Forward aims to move people’s lives forward by offering various SaaS applications for Back-office operations and eliminating non-essential work from complex daily tasks, and radically changing the quality of and time spent on work.
In the HR domain, we are providing the following six products;
- Money Forward Cloud Payroll
- Money Forward Cloud My Number
- Money Forward Cloud Attendance
- Money Forward Cloud Social Insurance
- Money Forward Cloud HRIS
- Money Forward Cloud Tax Adjustment
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for developing “Money Forward Cloud HRIS”, leading projects primarily using Ruby on Rails. Our product is currently in its growth phase, so we are actively seeking someone who can design an architecture to accommodate future user expansion at scale.
Since its launch in 2021, "Money Forward Cloud HRIS" has rapidly expanded its user base and is now in a growth phase. Our development plan includes implementing advanced features, such as granular permissions management and enhanced custom items, while also focusing on improving performance and optimizing the architecture for large-scale enterprises.
At Money Forward, we develop and provide Composable ERP utilizing a microservices architecture. This team collaborates with other product teams across the company, and leads large-scale, cross-product projects that present exceptional growth opportunities for engineers.
- Development of Money Forward Cloud HRIS with Ruby on Rails. (Specifications, Design, Implementation, Testing, Operations)
- Design and develop detailed specifications for new features
- Refactoring and improving existing designs and tests
- Improve product quality through reviewing and testing code
- Identify issues, propose improvements, and implement solutions for the development team.
- Plan the architecture of projects across products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing and operating web applications.
- Experience in mentoring other engineers, demonstrating the ability to guide and support fellow team members in their professional growth.
- Proven track record of actively participating in team-based quality improvement efforts through code reviews and test code implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze, design, and refactor using various design patterns and identify and address anti-patterns.
- Experience in managing incident response, including efficient discovery, thorough investigation of root causes, prompt resolution, and implementation of permanent solutions.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with diverse technology stacks, with a willingness to learn and catch up on Ruby on Rails if not already proficient.
- Familiarity with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React or Vue.js.
- Previous experience working with Scrum and Agile development methodologies, contributing to efficient and collaborative project delivery.
- Hands-on experience with test design, creation, and operation using documentation or testing tools like RSpec, Jest, or similar.
- Proficiency in tuning middleware components, including database optimization and performance improvement strategies.
- Previous exposure to design, development, and operation of microservices, demonstrating an understanding of scalable and modular architecture.
- Experience in architecture design and technology selection, showcasing the ability to make informed decisions for optimal solutions.
- Backend: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, gRPC, Sidekiq Pro, RSpec
- Frontend: TypeScript,Next.js,Vue.js, Nuxt.js, Bootstrap-vue, Vue apollo, Jest
- Infrastructure: Amazon EKS, Aurora, ElastiCache, S3
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- Repositories: GitHub
- Project management: JIRA
- Monitoring: Datadog, Rollbar
- CI/CD: CircleCI, ArgoCD, GitHub Actions
- Communication Tools: Zoom, Slack, Figma, Miro
- English: Fluent in both written and verbal
- Japanese: Not required (Interests in learning is a plus)
- Min 7,000,000 - Max 12,000,000 Japanese yen / year (Gross)
Location, Work Style Policy
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Hybrid Work
- As a standard practice, a minimum of 2 days work from office attendance is mandatory, designated as team office days. Additionally, employees are encouraged to spend 3 or more days in the office.
- The specific "team office days" may vary depending on the assigned team.
- This policy may be subject to change based on the company's needs and work circumstances.
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2021)
- Paid holiday: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) every year up to 20 days a year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacations days: 2 days
- Medical insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (Unlimited upgrade or purchase when needed for development is available upon approval.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals
Relocation Support for Overseas Candidates
- Communication Support
- Japanese language study support
- Online beginner courses
- Terakoya (Japanese study buddy program)
- In-house Translation & Interpretation team
- Active English-speaking employee community within the company
- Culture and Language exchange events
- Relocation Support
- Working and dependent visa sponsorship and application assistance
- Flight tickets (for employee and their dependent family)
- Airport pick-up
- Temporary fully furnished apartment
- 1st month: free
- 2nd and 3rd month - corporate discount available upon request
- Relocation bonus for initial life setup
- Settling-in support after arrival in Japan
- City office and bank account opening tour
- Information sharing about mobile plans, credit card applications, etc..
Final interview *Reference checks may be required before or after the interview.
Job offer and Meeting
*The selection process may change
Money Forward may ask you for the reference checks using an online service, called "back check".
Mutual understanding is limited in the selection process only. Therefore, we would like to refer to the information about you from your supervisor and colleagues working together at the current or previous company so that we can make a more reliable match and to lead to your early success after joining our company.
* No pass/fail decision will be made on the basis of the reference checks only.
* The fact that you are applying for us will not be disclosed to your references.