At Money Forward Inc., we are at the forefront of financial innovation. With over 50 services spanning the B2C, B2B, and B2B2C sectors, we are committed to addressing and alleviating financial challenges for everyone. One of our key success factors is the speed at which we deliver our services. Powered primarily by Ruby on Rails as our technology backbone, we have been able to roll out new products and improve user experiences quickly.
As we set our sights on future growth, there is a strategic shift toward adopting the latest technologies that promise robustness and scalability. This is where you come in. We are in the process of building a dedicated team to support this transformative journey. The new team will join a specific product team, and you will lead front-end development for the product as a Senior Front End Engineer. Join us as we build the future today!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the front-end development of the target product using the transforming framework. The development work will include:
- Development of new features using the framework.
- Migration of the existing features on Rails to the framework.
- Ensure collaboration between front-end and back-end teams of the joint team works effectively.
- Play a key role in making technical decisions for the product from a front-end perspective.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field. Alternatively, equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of complex web applications development as a Senior Front End Engineer.
- Strong sense of good user experience and design principles.
- Team player with a penchant for mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- A shared belief in Money Forward's Mission/Vision/Values/Culture.
- At least 3 years of React development experience.
- Strong understanding of web markup fundamentals, especially HTML5 and CSS3.
- Proven ability to interface with backend services and APIs.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, especially Git.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic, and critical thinking skills.
Good to have Skill-set
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or a strong interest in understanding backend dynamics.
- Previous involvement in a technology transformation initiative.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud. AWS experience is a plus.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Conversational level of Japanese.
- Kotlin, Ruby on Rails
- AWS, EKS
- Datadog, Rollbar
- CircleCI, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD
Location, Remote Work
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Remote work: Available up to 4 days a week
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2023)
- Paid holiday: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) every year up to 20 days a year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacations days: 2 days
- Health insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (if considered necessary for work, limitless upgrade on specs and purchases of peripheral equipment are allowed.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals
Relocation Support for Overseas Candidates
- Working Visa
- Flight ticket to Japan
- Signing Bonus
- Temporary fully furnished apartment for the first month