As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will lead the development of “Money Forward Pay for Business”, a cashless platform that promotes cashless transactions through a variety of payment methods, including card and wallet payments, and streamlines back-office operations.
As the scale of the product expands in the future, it will be necessary to provide new functions quickly to meet user needs while at the same time maintaining stable operations and high service quality.
To achieve this, not only development speed but also application design and team development methods are important.
Therefore, We are looking for someone knowledgeable and experienced in web application construction and development methods.
- Develop products and their functions with Ruby and Typescript.
- Back-end development is the main task, but some front-end development may also be assigned. The ratio is expected to be 8:2.
- Understand business requirements and design high-level architecture.
- Create system requirements that include functional and non-functional requirements.
- Write and test codes.
- Review codes.
- Educate team members, like hands-on coding.
- Collaborate with team members, Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and other stakeholders.
- Promote globalization of the team.
- Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor’s degree or related technical field.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Typescript
- Deep understanding of web service development.
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software.
- Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum team.
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- English: Fluent, both verbal and written.
- Japanese: Not required
Depending on your experience and skills, you may be offered one of the following.
- Software Engineer III : Min 5,700,000 - Max 7,600,000 Japanese Yen / Year (Gross)
- Senior Software Engineer : Min 7,600,000 - Max 9,000,000 Japanese Yen / Year (Gross)
Location, Remote Work
- Location: Fukuoka, Japan
- Remote work is available three days per week.
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2021)
- Paid holiday: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) every year up to 20 days a year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacations days: 2 days
- Health insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (No limit upgrade or purchase when needed for development is available upon approval.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals
- Communication Support
- Japanese language study support
- Online beginner courses
- Terakoya (Japanese study buddy program)
- In-house Translation & Interpretation team
- Active English-speaking employee community within the company
- Culture and Language exchange events
- Relocation Support
- Working and dependent visa sponsorship and application assistance
- Flight tickets (for employee and their dependent family)
- Airport pick-up
- Temporary fully furnished apartment
- 1st month: free
- 2nd and 3rd month - corporate discount available upon request
- Relocation bonus for initial life setup
- Settling-in support after arrival in Japan
- City office and bank account opening tour
- Information sharing about mobile plans, credit card applications, etc..
We are committed to making your transition to Japan and our company as seamless as possible, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team.