As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building and migrating to microservices, mainly using Golang.
Money Forward Cloud Accounting is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for businesses, which automates and streamlines accounting by integrating data from various back-office related platforms and applications.
It was originally developed as a monolithic application with Ruby on Rails and already has a huge number of users.
We’ve been transforming this to microservices architecture, aiming to divide a large development team into smaller ones and deliver such a lot of value to users faster.
This will be a more complicated challenge for you than developing a microservice from zero, but it will give you a great opportunity to grow as an engineer.
- Develop microservices with Golang.
- Understand business requirements and design high-level architecture.
- Create system requirements that include functional and non-functional requirements.
- Write code.
- Review codes.
- Educate team members, like hands-on coding.
- Collaborate with team members, Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and any other stakeholders.
- Write testing code, and ensure system quality.
- Ship software to the production environment.
- Monitor production environment. If any issues happen, fix and recover the system.
- Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor's degree or related technical field.
- 5+ years of software development experience. Preferably Go, Java, Python, Scala, C#, C++, etc.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Experience with MySQL or similar RDBs.
- Deep understanding of microservice architecture.
- Deep understanding of web service development.
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software.
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with AWS and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum team.
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solution-oriented and result-driven.
- English: Fluent, both verbal and written.
- Japanese: NOT Required
- Min 7,000,000 - Max 9,000,000 Japanese Yen / Year (Gross)
Location, Remote Work
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Remote work is available four days per week.
- Working Visa
- Flight ticket to Japan
- Signing Bonus
- Temporary fully furnished apartment for the first month
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2021)
- Paid holiday: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) every year up to 20 days a year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacations days: 2 days
- Health insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (No limit upgrade or purchase when needed for development is available upon approval.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals