Money Forward aims to move people’s lives forward by offering various SaaS applications for Back-office operations and eliminating non-essential work from complex daily tasks, and radically changing the quality of and time spent on work.
In the Money Forward business company for which we are currently recruiting, we operate the Money Forward Cloud, a SaaS offering for corporate back-office operations, which constitutes over 60% of the Money Forward Group's revenue. Through the integration of various back-office data and automation of tasks, we streamline and optimize the complexities of financial, accounting, and human resources operations. We currently offer more than 30 services as part of our portfolio.
Why we are looking for Senior SRE
The MFBC-CTO Team we are currently recruiting for aims to maximize the value of over 30 back-office SaaS services under Money Forward Cloud. Our company has a mix of products, some of which are at startup stages, while others have been stable and growing for several years since their release.
First and foremost, we are looking for individuals to join us as SREs (Site Reliability Engineers) who can anticipate any potential factors affecting the stability of our services and are specialists in availability and scalability. Our long term goal is to build a product team that can create value for users through various techniques to operate the production environment stably, even if they are not familiar with the concept of SRE. Therefore, we are initially looking for members who can commit the availability / scalability of the system and lead principles of SRE.
- Creating an Environment for SRE Commitment to Service Stability and Scalability:
- In case of stability issues with service operation or increased load, the Senior SRE will proactively collaborate with the product team.
- You will work hands-on to address issues within their scope while coordinating with the product team.
- Establishing reliability through visualization of SLO/SLI and maintaining on-call rotations.
- Building the Foundation for Integrating SRE with Product Teams:
- Using the concept of Enabling SRE, you will integrate with product teams.
- You will promote SRE principles within the team while addressing team and product challenges.
- You may consider organizational changes and coordinate with other departments to support product teams in implementing SRE activities.
- Technical Support:
- Gradually introduce technical aspects to product teams using the service reliability hierarchy for improvement activities.
- While CI/CD and infrastructure aspects are managed by Platform SREs, the Senior SRE should possess knowledge as product-related changes will occur.
- Supporting Autonomous SRE Activities:
- Provide guidance on the importance of SLOs and how to define SLIs.
- Assist in prioritizing tasks.
- Maintain a balance in operational responsibilities related to toil.
- Application platform: Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon ElastiCache et
- Monitoring: Datadog, Rollbar
- Application: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Puma, Vue.js, GraphQL
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- Repository: Github
- CI/CD: CircleCI, ArgoCD
- Others: Slack, Miro, Asana
Must to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Experience in product developments and operations using cloud computing services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Experience in development and operational automation using programming languages.
- Experience in incident response.
- Soft skills:
- Skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with team members from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to articulate concerns or questions and share them effectively.
- Language Requirement
- English: Fluent in both written and spoken
- Japanese: Conversational (JLPT N3 Level)
Nice to have
- Hard skills:
- Experience in design, construction, and operation using AWS.
- Experience in system construction using Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience in system design, construction, and operation using container technologies.
- Experience in designing, building, and operating CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in launching SRE teams.
- Soft skills:
- Experience in mentoring and developing SRE team members.
- Experience in capacity planning and tuning for web services.
- Skills to introduce new ideas and concepts to other development team members.
- Skills for external communication, such as writing blogs or presenting at events.
- Experience in team leadership and team management.
- Min 6,000,000 - Max 11,000,000 Japanese yen / year (Gross)
- Location: Tokyo, Japan.
- Remote work: Hybrid/Partial remote with one day of in-office work per week.
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2023)
- Paid holidays: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) each year up to 20 days per year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacation days: 2 days
- Medical insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (Unlimited upgrade or purchase when needed for development is available upon approval.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals
Relocation Support for Overseas Candidates
- Communication Support
- Japanese language study support
- Online beginner courses
- Terakoya (Japanese study buddy program)
- In-house Translation & Interpretation team
- Active English-speaking employee community within the company
- Culture and Language exchange events
- Relocation Support
- Working and dependent visa sponsorship and application assistance
- Flight tickets (for employee and their dependent family)
- Airport pick-up
- Temporary fully furnished apartment
- 1st month: free
- 2nd and 3rd month - corporate discount available upon request
- Relocation bonus for initial life setup
- Settling-in support after arrival in Japan
- City office and bank account opening tour
- Information sharing about mobile plans, credit card applications, etc.
For further information about our relocation support and other benefits, please visit our careers page at https://recruit.moneyforward.com/en.