Why we are looking for Software Engineer (Backend Architecture)
The "MoneyForward Cloud Series" is the core business of MoneyForward, which is a B2B SaaS.
"Cloud Accounting," the first product in this cloud series, has been released for over a decade and currently boasts hundreds of thousands of users.
As a result of this extended period, there has been an accumulation of technical debt, and certain areas of the architecture remain unsettled. To address these challenges, the Architect department was established in July 2023.
The mission of the Architect department is to enhance the product's architecture, streamline the development process, and improve its overall quality, specifically focusing on resolving the issues that have arisen over the years.
Development of MoneyForward Cloud Accounting, an accounting service for small to mid-sized companies.
We aim to revolutionize the accounting business in Japan by continuing to provide value that improves the efficiency and quality of accounting operations.
Here is what we would like you to do:
- Server-side development of Cloud Accounting
- Re-architecturing, Refactoring, Quality Improvements, etc.
- Regardless of your job title, you will be involved in more than just writing code, as the entire team will be involved in reviewing specifications and considering improvements.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or comparable fields
- Experience in web application development and operation in Ruby on Rails (>3 years)
- Experience in team development using GitHub, CI, Lint, etc.
- Experience with software architecture and being able to apply concepts to existing applications
- Knowledge of SQL
- Basic project management skills such as requirements definition, planning, estimation, and more. (Scale is not a concern.)
- Master of Science in Computer Science or comparable fields
- Experience developing and operating microservices
- Experience in Front-end development in React and Typescript
- Knowledge of Microservices
- Japanese Proficiency
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
- Database: MySQL
- Infrastructure and middleware: AWS (ALB, EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, ElastiCache, EKS...) , ngi
- nx, Puma, Unicorn, Docker, Redis, Sidekiq,
- Repositories: GitHub
- Project management: JIRA
- Monitoring: Datadog, Rollbar
- CI/CD: CircleCI, ArgoCD, GitHub Actions
- Communication Tools: Zoom, Slack, Figma, Miro
- English: Fluent in both written and spoken
- Japanese: Not required (Interests in learning is a plus)
- Software Engineer III
- Min 5,700,000 - Max 7,600,000 Japanese yen / year (Gross)
- Senior Software Engineer
- Min 6,300,000 - Max 9,000,000 Japanese yen / year (Gross)
the selection process
- Coding test
- 1st interview
- System design interview
- HR meeting
- Final interview
Location, Remote Work
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Remote work is available three days per week.
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2021)
- Paid holiday: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) every year up to 20 days a year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacations days: 2 days
- Medical insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (Unlimited upgrade or purchase when needed for development is available upon approval.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals
Relocation Support for Overseas Candidates
- Communication Support
- Japanese language study support
- Online beginner courses
- Terakoya (Japanese study buddy program)
- In-house Translation & Interpretation team
- Active English-speaking employee community within the company
- Culture and Language exchange events
- Relocation Support
- Working and dependent visa sponsorship and application assistance
- Flight tickets (for employee and their dependent family)
- Airport pick-up
- Temporary fully furnished apartment
- 1st month: free
- 2nd and 3rd month - corporate discount available upon request
- Relocation bonus for initial life setup
- Settling-in support after arrival in Japan
- City office and bank account opening tour
- Information sharing about mobile plans, credit card applications, etc..