In this global role you will be working in a diverse team at Mujin headquarters, based in Tokyo.
As a Senior Network Engineer at Mujin, you will have the opportunity to not only maintain an advanced network but also design, architecture, and create standards for all future networks. You will have unique opportunities to actively use Network-as-Code and multiple vendors. We currently believe in flexibly to change from one network vendor to another based on our needs and growth.
Design, deploy, secure, troubleshoot, and maintain all of Mujin's network across all global regions.
- Design and architect Mujin's network (wired & wireless) from the point of view of availability, resiliency, scalability, and security that meets Mujin’s fast growth/needs.
- Deploy and setup new networks when branch offices are created.
- Actively practice defense in depth approach.
- Regularly audit and maintain all configuration states.
- Define and create global standards for network deployments.
- Plan and design new branch office networks following global standards.
- Take ownership and responsibility over the entire network and help manage Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Administrate, tune, and respond to alerts from Mujin's network monitoring systems.
- Maintain and update all documentation (e.g., network topology, configuration, backups, processes, procedures, etc.)
- Monitor, respond, and resolve in a timely manner all incoming requests relating to IT Infra issues.
- Monitor and maintain the helpdesk and the ticket backlog logs.
- Investigate, diagnose/troubleshoot, and resolve Infra related faults and issues.
- Consult with other departments throughout the company to gather requirements and provide solutions accordingly.
- Asset tracking and inventory management of Infra-related assets and software licenses.
- Vendor engagement for purchasing and quotation requests.
- Produce user documentation and guides for new or existing configurations, designs, and services.
- Provide Infra-related trainings to other team members to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Follow-up and carry out other required tasks as needed by the senior leadership.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, deploying, troubleshooting, and managing IT infrastructure with a focus on networking (wired & wireless).
- Open to using different network vendors and follow open standards over proprietary lock in.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of networking (wired & wireless) and practical experience of administrating and deploying networks for medium size business with multiple branch offices.
- Experience with design and deployment of highly redundant networks.
- Good understanding and knowledge about different kinds of network equipment and software.
- Experience with ticket systems, gathering requirements from customers, and clearly describing escalations.
- Experience with producing and crafting End user procedures, tips, and guides.
- Experience with installing, patching, and maintaining software/OS/firmware/patches.
- Around 10+ years of hands-on experience in the networking & security fields would be a plus.
- Preferred 2+ certifications (any of them): Cisco CCNA, CCNP, JNCP, CompTIA Network+, Security+/CASP+, Linux+, LPIC, etc.
- Experience with JunOS and/or EOS is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of advanced networking and infrastructure as code.
- Some Experience with Linux-based operating systems.
- In a small team with broad responsibilities, ability to make decisions and implement new technologies, the reporting line is in Japan and currently no time zone crossing.
- New technology and fast growth AI company
- Work with talented employees from 28 different countries
- Tatsumi office: 3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0053 Japan
- 8:45～17:45 (Includes 1-hour break)
- 2 full days off per a week (Saturday, Sunday)
- Holidays scheduled on the Company’s calendar
- Paid Leaves
- Congratulation/Condolence, Maternity/Childcare, Family Caregiver Leave
- Flexible depending on experience and skills
- Commuting Allowance
- Social Insurance
- No dress code (You can dress casually)
- Buffet lunch (Free)
- Drinks and Snacks (Free) / High-end coffee machine (Free)
- Gym facilities in the office