Who we are / Our mission
NABLA Mobility Inc. is a startup company that leverages data analytics and AI/ML to develop cutting-edge products that optimize flight operations for airlines. Our mission is to promote operational resilience and advance decarbonization in the transportation industry by providing solutions to augment decision-making. To achieve this goal, we rely on state-of-the-art technologies, such as AI/ML, which enable us to offer unparalleled value to our clients.
As a pioneer in this nascent field, we are excited to shape the future of airline operations by combining cutting-edge academic theories, technologies, and operational expertise.
Founded in 2021, we are now expanding our team and seeking exceptional individuals to join us at this early stage of development as we target the global market.
About the position
We have successfully developed, "Untangle", a unique set of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies to unravel the complex operational environment. To accelerate our product(“Weave”) development, we are looking for a highly motivated professional who can lead the development of the backend including algorithms and APIs for our solutions.
As one of our initial core members of the product development team, you will play a critical role in proactively collaborating with our product and corporate teams to ensure a successful launch of our solution as an open architecture accounting for data accessibility.
This presents a unique opportunity to establish a foundation for your career growth, as you will have the chance to expand your responsibilities in line with your professional aspirations while meeting the needs of our dynamic teams.
Currently, our product development team consists of less than 15 full- and part-time engineers from various backgrounds with rich individual expertise.
What you will be doing
Lead Weave’s backend (DB, server, API, etc.) from design and development to operation.
- Development of optimization applications for users (pilots and dispatchers) involved in flight operations
- Work with the front-end and algorithm team to build a system that allows more optimal linkage and calculation of vast amounts of data, and develop APIs in preparation for linkage with front-end and external systems
Technological stack (Interim)
- Backend: Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, Python, TypeScript
- Frontend: Next.js, TypeScript
- Infrastructure: AWS, Azure
Skills And Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience leading the backend side of software product development
- In particular, experience in leading and being involved in the backend side of a large-scale product from the design and conceptualization stage all the way through to implementation is preferred
- Experience in web application development as a backend engineer with one or more strengths in related areas. For example;
Experience in building back-end infrastructure. For example, for AWS, experience leading development using the following technologies
Experience building and implementing backend and frontend monitoring environments
Experience implementing payment systems using Stripe, etc.
Strengths in related areas, not limited to the above, are desirable
- Development experience using languages such as Python, React/Next.js, TypeScript, etc. (May be required to learn other languages as needed)
- Experience developing in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience and willingness to go above and beyond one's job description to contribute to the team and peers
※If you have any past products, portfolios, or other materials, please provide them when you apply.
- The following experience is listed as NICE TO HAVE experience. If you have any of the following experiences, please specify when you apply.
Master or higher degree in computer science, applied mathematics or similar
Experience in iOS application development (Android application development is preferred)
A Successful Candidate will have
As a team that operates in global markets and creates innovative products, we recognize the critical importance of finding individuals who not only possess the necessary skills and experience, but also align with our values and culture. We believe that cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace is essential to achieving our goals, and we are dedicated to fostering an environment where every member of our team can thrive and contribute to our collective success.
- Shares and empathizes with NABLA Mobility's Vision and Mission
- Comfortable working in groups with hands-on collaboration, while also being capable to design and to produce deliverables with a good degree of autonomy
- Willingness to learn new things and enjoy team and personal growth as part of a team climbing a huge mountain in the emerging global market
What we can provide to you
- A passionate and innovative team with extensive experience in software development, the aviation industry, and business, as well as an environment to work with academia
- Product development experience in a problem-solving-oriented team that constantly pursues technical challenges in order to maximize customer benefit as well as excellent user experience to deliver an application for professional usage
- Business experience balancing tangible social impact and business success
- Experience developing in an international business environment from the early stages of business, with a view to expanding into global markets
- We place a high priority on investing in our development infrastructure because of the significant impact we have on the productivity of our development teams. We listen carefully to our teams and are always actively working to improve our development environment
- We are flexible in our selection of technology areas, with an emphasis on choosing the best tools and technologies for the task at hand
- We acknowledge your family and professional commitments to be balanced
- We use GitHub to manage our code, regardless of programming language
- We have a flat organization where it is easy to make an impact, take ownership of your role, and grow
- We provide a PC with the specifications of your choice
- Expected Salary: 5 million JPY or more per annum (*Exact salary will be decided based on ability and experience)
- Occasional remote work is possible depending on the situation
- Use of office space with focus booths is available if desired
- No specific dress code, but appropriate casual/business casual attire is required for external communications, including videoconference
- The Head office is in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Working schedules in accordance with Japanese law
- Weekend off (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
- Paid vacations, Year-end, and New Year vacations, sick and bereavement leave available
- Completed enrollment in the Japanese Social Insurance System
- Visa support available (if needed)
- Fluency in Japanese is not required