PayPay, a fintech company, that achieved more than 40M users within around 3 years since its launch in 2018 has hugely diversified employees who are from 40 different countries. The number of employees by now is more than 1,000 staff members, and yet the company is still incomplete and at a growing stage.
To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm, the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technologies , we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan.
Our biggest competitor is "cash". We are seeking for people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed that other companies could never achieve, and who are passionate about promoting and spreading such a financial life platform in a short time along with professionalism.
About our working style, we had introduced a new personnel system called WFA (Working From Anywhere*). At PayPay, we work fully remotely in Japan. Therefore, the working place or your living place doesn't matter. Even if you are living in a local area, the salary and benefit package will be at an international level while you enjoy working with world class colleagues. You will find such a way of working at PayPay!
*This WFA policy is applicable only within Japan.
PayPay is looking for a Platform Engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our customers.
The mission of our SRE team (which we call "Platform team" at PayPay) is to build and architect stable infrastructure so that we can provide secure service to all the customers with our highest speed.
Our number of transactions as well as users have been increasing day by day since our first product release. The infrastructure/system must be capable of scale-out, and we need to always consider room for the growth. Since Paypay's system is highly mission-critical, handling payment solutions - our top priority for the system is to be able to provide stable service.
From risk-hedging perspective, it is important to assure our infrastructure is maintained properly with a high level of usability so that even if our resources fail instances get down, we can continue our service.
Our current phase is not yet a "maintenance" phase - as a platform engineer, you will be required to architect the whole system in a scalable manner while with employing a variety of technologies.
・ Architect, maintain and tune our PayPay infra system with the following tech domains:
※ We rotate roles and responsibilities among those tech stacks, and you will be able to experience a wide range of technologies.
【Tech Stack】We select the best combination of tech at times.
| Python, groovy, HCL(, yaml)
| MySQL/AuroraDB, TiDB, DynamoDB, ELK, Kafka, Redis, nginx, envoy, openresty
| Docker, Kubernetes, Argo CD, Argo rollouts, Prometheus, Artifactory, GCP
| GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, terraform, ansible, about microservices, about 12 factors app, grpc, gitops
| NRQL, PromQL, Kibana, Bigquery
| Slack, Zoom, Confluence, JIRA, F2F
- Minimum of 3 years of professional administration experience with at least one or few of the following:
- RDS (e.g. MySQL, Aurora)
- NoSQL (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra)
- MQ (e.g. Kafka)
- Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools, such as Terraform, Ansible
- Working knowledge of git and CI/CD tools
- Motivated to work with the platform and infrastructure for modern system using micro-service architecture
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Contribution to open source projects
Minato-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
(Basically we work fully remotely in Japan)
• Forms of employment: Permanent Staff
• Full-remote work （stay In Japan)
• Salary: Based on experience, skills, performance and contribution.
• Salary Increase: Reviewed based on performance evaluation and PayPay's business performance.
NOTE: In principle, you will be reviewed for a raise once in a year.
• Special Incentive : Payment based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation (once in a year)
• Various Allowances: Overtime allowance, late-night work allowance and Work from home allowance (100,000JPY/year)
• Working Hours: In principle, from 10:00am to 18:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m＋1 hour lunch break from 12pm to 13pm in principle) NOTE: We use super flextime system which do not set core hours.
• Days Off: Saturdays and Sundays. National holidays. Year end holidays from December 29th to January 4th.
• Holidays: Annual paid leave, congratulatory or condolence leave, maternity leave, sick/injured child care leave, family care leave and etc.
• Benefits: Social insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance,) defined contribution pension system (TBC) and etc.
1. Application Review (1-2 weeks)
We review your profile based on your submitted materials.
2. Code challenge (online)
We send you a code challenge after reviewing resume.
Please be prepared to take code challenge after submitting your application! It takes about 1-1.5 hours max. to complete.
3. 1 - 3 Interviews (online)
You will have 1 to 3 interviews with our engineers.
Other Info./その他 関連情報
PayPayコーポレートブログ Corporate Blog
PayPayプロダクトブログ Product Blog