Rakuten is one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company.
This QA team is responsible of the Quality Assurance of the Commerce Department services. You can be involved in leading e-commerce services and develop your skills in a global environment.
Why We Hire
Rakuten Group, Inc provides services to millions of users and is expanding rapidly, but we don’t believe in growth without quality. Therefore, we are looking for a very talented and enthusiastic Test Engineer, capable of building up our team so we can assure the reliability and scalability of our services.
- Monitor and report on Quality metrics, deep dive and identify trends/root causes
- Work closely with the Product Management Team and Development Team to define and refine system test specifications
- Maintain high performance culture and improve process for bottom performers through standardized processes and QA efforts
- Review and assign tasks to team members (including Outsource management)
- Multi-project management (including Onsite/Offsite management)
- Test plan / design / implementation
- Test perform (including collaboration with Outsource)
- Prepare daily & weekly reports
Our QA team, formed by 5 to 10 members, has a global working environment were both English and Japanese are used. The QA knowledge of the team is constantly improved through Overseas Conferences and weekly certification study sessions like ISTQB, and we maintain a healthy work-life balance (average overtime of 20-30 hours monthly, depending of the team). Also, we conduct regular 1on1 meetings to create a safe, comfortable working environment.
- Over 3 years of experience in Application test design/implementation
- Knowledge equivalent to the ISTQB Foundation Level
- Application development experience
- Internet Service Industry knowledge and experience
- API/UI Automation, Development, Non-functional test experience
- e-Commerce domain knowledge
- Proactively involves others in order to solve problems or improve the situation.
- Having inquiring mind for various issues/items.
- Having passion to learn continuously in a fast-moving environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various stakeholders, as well as other QA team members.
- Willing to tackle new challenges and drive improvements, NOT satisfied with the status quo and routine work.
- A good team-worker who promotes team-working culture within and outside of the team.
Additional information on Location
- Tokyo Head Office (Setagaya-ku)
Additional information on English Qualification
- English Business Level
- Japanese Business Level (JLPT N3 and can communicate in Japanese)