You will be responsible for maintaining existing products, as well as bringing new products to life, having knowledge across the stack back-end, APIs, databases, front-end, and the ability to quickly and safely develop, test, deploy, and maintain these products.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for researching and evaluating new methodologies and technologies that improve the quality, reliability, and performance of the team's development systems and processes.
The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with the scrum team to ensure that projects are completed on time, ensure that applications are thoroughly tested, and released at the highest quality. They will be reporting to the Tech Lead and collaborate with fellow team members as needed. Although this role is based in Japan, you will be closely working with colleagues in Singapore in the same team.
You will be responsible for the following efforts at Accredify:
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable software modules under Laravel and PHP
- Deliver efficient, self-documenting code in a timely and efficient manner
- Be involved in full-stack web application development, from conception to deployment
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas, and convert business needs into technical specifications
- Help coach and mentor our team of talented developers
- Ensure ongoing quality of delivered work through code reviews
- Help establish best practices and set standards for modern web development across the organization
- Perform a mix of maintenance, enhancements, and new development as required
- Interact with 3rd Party APIs in a secure, reliable, and scalable fashion
- Assist in solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Be able to plan, test, and describe in detail your software solutions with other engineers
- Strong experience with the PHP Laravel framework, including experience building and maintaining large-scale, complex web applications using Laravel
- Sound understanding of object-oriented programming paradigms
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Strong experience with database design and management, including experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience with RESTful API design and development, including understanding accessibility and security compliance over APIs
- Strong experience with automated testing
- Strong experience with Git and version control
- Strong experience with agile development methodologies
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines and experience with AWS
- Familiarity with server tools such as Nginx, PHP-FPM, and Supervisor
- Familiarity with modern frontend stacks such as Vue.js, React, TypeScript
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
You would ideally also have
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with Jira
- Familiarity with Sentry
Backend: Laravel, PHP, Pest, MySQL, Redis
Frontend: Vue.js, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS
Blockchain: Ethereum, Infura
Infra: AWS (Fargate, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, S3, SES, etc), Docker, Terraform
CI/CD: GitHub Actions
Monitoring: Datadog, Sentry
Misc: JIRA, Notion, Figma
What we look for
Mastery: We seek individuals who are knowledgeable and skilled in their field of expertise, with a humble attitude towards continuous learning and skill development. Attention to detail, a growth-seeking mindset, and proactivity toward achieving the best outcomes for the company and clients are important.
Innovation: We value individuals who are not afraid to think differently and bring fresh, meaningful, and intuitive solutions to the table. Thought leadership, novelty, and creativity are qualities we look for in candidates.
Agility: We seek individuals who can handle challenges with resoluteness and adaptability. A can-do attitude, and team-oriented mindset are important.
Simplicity: We value individuals who can solve complex problems with simple solutions and have a deep focus on accessibility.
Integrity: We are looking for individuals who are dependable, honest, and transparent in their actions and decisions. Strong team players with a sense of accountability, authenticity, trustworthiness and solidarity are important.
Empathy: We look for individuals who are professional, patient, appreciative, and personal in their interactions, with a focus on providing delightful experiences for customers and fostering a collaborative and supportive team environment. Warm, approachable, thoughtful, and caring individuals are a great fit for our company.
- Professional development opportunities through courses and certifications
- Generous paid annual leave, including unlimited paid leave (subject to approval)
- Hybrid work arrangement
Accredify is pioneering the world's transition to verifiable data. Headquartered in Singapore and founded in 2019, Accredify is Asia Pacific's leading service provider for the issuance of verifiable documents. With a presence in nine markets and serving nearly 600 users globally, Accredify has processed over 12 million verifications on 2 million issued documents, known as "Accredified documents". Led by a dedicated team that embraces the highest standards of customer service, security, and privacy, Accredify's mission is to be the foremost verification solutions provider for moments when trust matters most.
All digital documents issued by Accredify's cloud-based system are tamper-evident and traceable to the source. To verify documents, users simply have to drag and drop the document file into an online verifier portal or scan a QR code; results are instantaneous.
The core value proposition of Accredify's solution is the simplification of complex processes through automation and verified data. Designed with data portability and systems interoperability in mind, our verification technology is fit-for-every purpose. We have already transformed businesses across education, healthcare, and human resources verticals, helping organizations around the world discover new frontiers of operational efficiency. With verifiable data taking its place as the cornerstone of business operations in the future, we have ambitions to continue empowering organizations even beyond our current verticals.
Accredify's first vertical was the higher education sector, assisting some of the Asia Pacific and Europe's top universities and adult learning institutions in education credential management. By enabling the automation of creating and issuing tamper-evident, verifiable digital education documents, we have helped clients reduce man-hours spent on document management by up to 50%. We have been recognized as one of the Top 50 Southeast Asia EdTech Firms by HolonIQ for two consecutive years, in 2020 and 2021. Accredify was also awarded the Singapore Business Review Technology Excellence Award for Blockchain - Education in 2022.
In July 2020, Accredify expanded into the healthcare sector with the intent of helping the Singapore government manage the COVID-19 pandemic. We co-developed Singapore's digital verifiable COVID-19 test result known as HealthCerts, an internationally recognized standard of an individual's COVID-19 health status, which can be verified with a QR code scan.
We were also the first service provider to issue a verifiable COVID-19 swab result in Singapore. Presently, Accredify-issued HealthCerts are recognized on 4 continents and by more than 70 airlines around the world.