Cogent Labs is looking for a Full Stack developer with 4+ years of relevant experience to help us leverage state of the art AI technologies to help create web applications using ReactJS, NodeJs, and our own bespoke internal tools.
Successful candidates will join a highly skilled team, with the opportunity to design, build, test, and deploy high-quality front-end and back-end features, and contribute to the processes and practices that make for a fun and effective engineering team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to build cutting edge products that solve real world problems, you’ve found it.
- Work with talented engineers to design and build new tools and product features, with opportunities to work on all parts of the system from API and UI to new microservices and internal tools.
- Write clean, scalable, and testable code, deploy to production often and get invaluable feedback from experienced engineers.
- Work with and learn from machine learning engineers, product managers, and quality assurance teams to deliver effective solutions that solve real customer problems.
- Contribute to process improvements and drive strategic initiatives to help all engineers in the company be more effective, knowledgeable, and happier.
- At least 4 years of experience contributing to the implementation and maintenance of a user facing web application.
- Experience with ReactJS, HTML, and CSS for front-end development.
- Experience with API technologies and web frameworks for back-end development (Express/Loopback/Django/FastAPI).
- Experience with unit and integration testing strategies and frameworks, and familiarity with testing automation (Jest/Cypress).
- Knowledge of fundamental relational database concepts.
Familiarity with any of the following is considered a plus:
- Knowledge of code quality and architecture best practices.
- Cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Dev ops (Containerization, orchestration, CI/CD).
- Security (IAM/Data Access/Web App Vulnerabilities).
- Passion for the latest web technologies.
- Japanese language ability.
The Cogent Labs engineering department is continuously working towards developing a culture improving and rewarding the following qualities:
- Team effort: A cohesive team can be more effective than an isolated prodigy. Engineers are expected to work well in groups and look for opportunities to empower their colleagues.
- Ownership: Take full responsibility for your own projects and tasks and if needed, cross over boundaries in order to successfully deliver your project.
- Self-improvement: Create an environment where engineers can focus on their engineering tasks and self-improvement without excessive outside disturbances.
- Experimentation: Engineers should have some freedom in experimenting with new ideas and technologies, as this ultimately could translate into building better products or the creation of valuable new IP.
- Quality & Excellence: Maintaining a mindset of developing high quality features and code. We avoid cutting corners as much as possible.
- Customer Service: Being customer focused, not only externally but internally as well. This means developing services that not only improve the experience of our end customers, but also being ‘customer service’ oriented within your team and the company as a whole by helping out others and sharing knowledge.
The Ideal Candidate
- can empathize Cogent Labs’ VISION and MISSION
- is a team player who aims for higher goals
- has integrity and humility, and shows respect and gratitude to others
- prefers open and transparent communication
- has a strong growth mindset
- can receive feedback positively and provide constructive feedback to others
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
- Performance bonus eligibility twice a year
- Work Hours - Standard work hours 9:00 -18:00 with flex time system with core hours
- Telework Policy - 6 days / month
- Paid Holiday - Maximum 20 days per year (additional Congratulatory, Bereavement leaves available)
- Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and Year-end and New Year holidays
- Visa Sponsorship
- Support for language training
- Free in-office breakfast, coffee, tea, drinks and snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Monthly commute expense
- Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, employment insurance etc.)
- Maternity leave, childcare leave (including male employees)
- Yearly health checkup