About Fujitsu Launchpad
Fujitsu Launchpad is a Tokyo-based venture studio subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited. As a corporate venture studio, we act as an institutional cofounder by proactively investing in and building ventures from an initial idea stage. We create new ventures from zero, with the goals of achieving product-market fit, growing profitable new businesses, and delivering outsized returns on investment. We are currently incubating ventures across a variety of regions and sectors, including AI-enabled B2B SaaS tools, an IoT consumer application, and a sports training and community platform.
We are seeking a senior infrastructure/dev ops engineer to work with the Launchpad product team and intrapreneurs to build and grow digital products from scratch, while setting a strong foundation for Launchpad’s technical organization.
Our ideal engineer will have well-informed technical perspectives, backed in evidence, experience and exceptional work products. They will actively seek ownership and accountability and will thrive in high-velocity environments. In return, Fujitsu Launchpad will provide the opportunity to strategize and manage infrastructure required to support early stage venture building, and contribute to structuring and leading a high performing engineering team.
We offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours, and a remote-friendly culture (we have a co-working space in Toranomon Hills, Tokyo; in-person attendance is optional).
Role and Responsibilities
- Set up and manage the horizontal foundational level of the corporate infrastructure.
- Prepare environment for individual products to be managed independently and flexibly.
- Enforce all required security practices in the cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering teams and business stakeholders to define, prioritize and implement infrastructure roadmaps.
- Identify opportunities and lead efforts to continuously improve Launchpad’s engineering practices, with the objective of furthering impact delivered to customers through high quality products.
- Onboard and mentor new team members as Launchpad’s team grows (both Launchpad’s core engineering team, and portfolio company teams built for venture spin outs).
- 7+ years of experience in managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google, Aliyun, etc).
- Experience working in a product-focused startup or scale-up. (Please note that candidates who have worked primarily in IT consultancies, software development agencies, and/or large corporations won’t be a good fit for us).
- Ability to set up and use IaC with Terraform to manage infrastructure in AWS (Atlantis is required).
- Deep knowledge of network infrastructure and how it is implemented in clouds (VPCs, Gateways, Policies, etc).
- Fluent use of CI/CD management systems Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, ArgoCD for declarative deployment.
- Experience with monitoring (e.g., Prometheus, Loki, Newrelic, PagerDuty).
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities, proactive cross-functional communication skills, and the ability to learn quickly and continuously upskill in unfamiliar areas.
- Knowledge of security approaches and practices that should be used in day-to-day work.
- Experience with a few programming languages.
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline is a plus.
- Japanese language skills are a plus.