Indeed is looking for a Manager within the Jobseeker organisation to focus on Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). In this role you will apply software engineering techniques and discipline to production operations, attacking reliability and performance issues and fixing them for good. You and your team will have the chance to influence the direction of a critical global SRE organization. In this role, you will see ample opportunities for growth in many areas of technology, leadership, mentorship, design, and more.
As an SRE in the Jobseeker organisation, you will be responsible for the reliability and robustness of some of our most prominent user-facing products across Indeed. Some numbers to reflect the scale of this responsibility:
- We serve 250M global unique visitors per month
- 25M unique jobs
- 60+ Countries
- 28 Languages
- From multiple data centers around the globe
At this scale, even everyday programming tasks become interesting! If you’re the type of person who gets excited by these types of challenges rather than intimidated by them, then you’re likely a good fit for our team.
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) at Indeed are embedded directly within our business-critical engineering teams, working closely with them to design, code, test, run, and evolve the systems that help people around the world get jobs. We work closely with software developers and system engineers to drive the adoption of modern reliability practices like SLOs, error budget policies, actionable alerts, follow-the-sun on-call, incident retrospectives, chaos testing, and end-to-end ownership.
Simply put, as a part of the SRE organisation, you will help Indeed build and operate fast and reliable systems that help people get jobs. Are you up for the challenge?
- Own availability and performance for some of Indeed’s most critical products
- Foster an environment of continuous learning that builds excellent engineering skill sets
- Guide multiple teams to design, develop, write, and ship software and systems to increase reliability and operational efficiency
- Work closely with other leaders across teams and cities to improve alignment, communication, and collaboration between SRE and other functions
- Help engineers and managers develop their careers through personalized coaching and performance management
Who You Are
- 3-5+ years of experience leading site reliability or software engineering teams with a consistent record of high-quality, iterative delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- Ability to motivate and guide a team to achieve important goals together
- Desire to improve reliability, performance, scalability, and operations using software engineering techniques at scale
- Significant experience building systems in Java, Go, Python, Node.js or similar languages
- Strong interest in SRE topics like resilience, scaling, performance, SLOs, and more
We get excited about candidates who have:
- A passion for problem solving in a large complex system
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, MySql
- Experience designing, writing, and/or troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet-scale Linux environment
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Work in Tokyo
Lights, sights and a culture of connection make Tokyo a vibrant city like no other. Indeed Tokyo is taking on both the technical and business challenges of helping people get jobs in Japan. Our Sales and Client Success teams help employers and job seekers find each other while our Technical Design, Engineering and Product teams work fast and iterate often to make sure each job seeker has the best experience possible. Come help people get jobs in one of the world’s premiere technology hubs in Tokyo.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at +81 3 4563 2563, or by email at [email protected] at least one week in advance of your interview.