Money Forward aims to move people’s lives forward by offering various SaaS applications for Back-office operations and eliminating non-essential work from complex daily tasks, and radically changing the quality of and time spent on work.
In the Money Forward business company for which we are currently recruiting, we operate the Money Forward Cloud, a SaaS offering for corporate back-office operations, which constitutes over 60% of the Money Forward Group's revenue. Through the integration of various back-office data and automation of tasks, we streamline and optimize the complexities of financial, accounting, and human resources operations. We currently offer more than 30 services as part of our portfolio.
Why we are looking for Frontend Engineer
Currently, with over 30 services under the 'Money Forward Cloud', we are looking to address cross-cutting frontend challenges that are difficult to tackle solely within individual product teams, including the modernization of legacy frontend systems.
Since its inception, Money Forward has placed a strong emphasis on small teams, assigning at least one team to each product. This approach is crucial to deliver value to users quickly without compromising decision-making speed, and it allows us to release multiple products to the market every year, capitalizing on this advantage.
However, there is a situation where the sharing of knowledge and expertise across teams is not actively progressing. In our key service, Money Forward Cloud, we aim to address the following challenges:
- Elevating the frontend development capabilities of product teams and introducing new knowledge and technologies.
- Assisting in improving legacy frontend systems and modernizing the frontend.
- Driving cross-cutting projects such as building design systems and enhancing web accessibility.
- Expanding the range of technologies available for product teams (exploratory research).
- Taking the lead in bridging technical and knowledge gaps among product teams.
- Serverside: Ruby/Rails, RSpec, OpenAPI, GraphQL
- Frontend: React, Next.js, TypeScript, Jest, Storybook, Figama
- Database: MySQL
- Infrastructure・Middleware: AWS(ALB, EKS, ECR, RDS, S3, SQS, ElastiCache), Docker, Redis, Puma, Sidekiq, SendGrid
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in designing, developing, and operating medium to large-scale web applications. (Experience with TypeScript and React is desirable, but willingness to catch up in these technologies or experience with other languages and libraries is also acceptable.)
- Specialization in the frontend development domain.
- Experience in development using container technologies like Docker.
- Experience in development using cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Language Requirement
- English: Fluent in both written and spoken
- Japanese: Business level (Japanese-Language Proficiency Test(JLPT) at N1 or N2 level is preferable)
- The interview will be conducted in Japanese.
- Experience in designing and developing Web APIs.
- Experience in developing web applications using Next.js and GraphQL.
- Experience in designing and developing microservices.
- Min 6,000,000 - Max 10,000,000 Japanese yen / year (Gross)
- Location: Tokyo, Japan.
- Remote work: Hybrid/Partial remote with two day of in-office work per week.
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2023)
- Paid holidays: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) each year up to 20 days per year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacation days: 2 days
- Medical insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (Unlimited upgrade or purchase when needed for development is available upon approval.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals
Relocation Support for Overseas Candidates
- Communication Support
- Japanese language study support
- Online beginner courses
- Terakoya (Japanese study buddy program)
- In-house Translation & Interpretation team
- Active English-speaking employee community within the company
- Culture and Language exchange events
- Relocation Support
- Working and dependent visa sponsorship and application assistance
- Flight tickets (for employee and their dependent family)
- Airport pick-up
- Temporary fully furnished apartment
- 1st month: free
- 2nd and 3rd month - corporate discount available upon request
- Relocation bonus for initial life setup
- Settling-in support after arrival in Japan
- City office and bank account opening tour
- Information sharing about mobile plans, credit card applications, etc..