At Money Forward Inc., we continue to push the boundaries of financial innovation. With a diverse suite of over 50 B2C, B2B, and B2B2C services, our commitment remains unwavering: to make financial challenges easier to navigate for everyone. Our proven track record of rapid service delivery, backed by the power of Ruby on Rails, has set us apart in the financial tech landscape.
As we prepare for the next phase of our journey, we are focused on integrating modern technologies that promise scalability and robust performance. To make this vision a reality, we are assembling a dedicated team to lead this transformative effort. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will make a significant contribution to the future of the company by leading the back-end work for a specific product. Join us in building the future today!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of backend services for our transformation projects.
- Work closely with front-end engineers to ensure seamless integration of services.
- Work to optimize existing systems for scalability and performance through transformation.
- Ensure code quality, best practices, and documentation throughout the development lifecycle.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in back-end technologies to drive innovation continually.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of developing complex web applications as a Senior Software Development Engineer.
- Strong understanding of server-side languages and frameworks.
- Familiarity with relational database technologies (such as MySQL). Experience with NoSQL is a plus.
- Strong understanding of cloud services, preferably AWS.
- Team player with a penchant for mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- A shared belief in Money Forward's Mission/Vision/Values/Culture.
- At least 5 years of full-stack or back-end development experience.
- Solid experience with server-side Kotlin or Java with back-end frameworks.
- Proficiency in creating, testing, and deploying APIs.
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture.
- Ability to translate business requirements into scalable and maintainable code. Domain-driven design experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, especially Git.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic, and critical thinking skills.
Good to have Skill-set
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or a strong interest in understanding backend dynamics.
- Experience in working with legacy systems and migrating to newer technologies.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Exposure to CI/CD tools and practices.
- Conversational level of Japanese.
- Kotlin, Ruby on Rails
- AWS, EKS
- Datadog, Rollbar
- CircleCI, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD
Location, Hybrid Work
- As a standard practice, a minimum of 2 days work from office attendance is mandatory, designated as team office days. Additionally, employees are encouraged to spend 3 or more days in the office.
- The specific "team office days" may vary depending on the assigned team.
- This policy may be subject to change based on the company's needs and work circumstances.
- Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2023)
- Paid holiday: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) every year up to 20 days a year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacations days: 2 days
- Health insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (if considered necessary for work, limitless upgrade on specs and purchases of peripheral equipment are allowed.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals
Relocation Support for Overseas Candidates
- Working Visa
- Flight ticket to Japan
- Signing Bonus
- Temporary fully furnished apartment for the first month
Casual interview/Document Screening
Final interview *Reference checks may be required before or after the interview.
Job offer and Meeting
*The selection process may change
Money Forward may ask you for the reference checks using an online service, called "back check".
Mutual understanding is limited in the selection process only. Therefore, we would like to refer to the information about you from your supervisor and colleagues working together at the current or previous company so that we can make a more reliable match and to lead to your early success after joining our company.
*No pass/fail decision will be made on the basis of the reference checks only.
*The fact that you are applying for us will not be disclosed to your references.