At Moneytree, we help people share their confidential financial information with trusted third parties. Our technology is used by major banks, accounting software companies, and fintech companies in Japan. Key clients include Mizuho, SMBC, Mitsubishi UFJ Nicos, TKC and Yayoi, and our apps are used and trusted by millions of people around the world.
We will give you the freedom and responsibility to do your greatest work. We will provide the best tools and trust you to use them effectively. We are flexible, supportive, meritocratic and expect you to grow as a professional.
In this role, you will
- Designing and building RESTful APIs in Ruby.
- Building Web UIs / SDKs in TypeScript & React
- Manage server-side infrastructure in Heroku and AWS.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to design, build, and maintain the above systems.
- Instrument and maintain our production systems to ensure a reliable and observable production environment.
- Apply technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues related to LINK products.
- Learning the finance domain in-depth, including banking, insurance, e-commerce, credit cards, and other types of financial institutions.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding Web apps.
- Communicate with our stakeholders to understand their needs and experiences, identify tasks, provide estimates, and meet production deadlines.
- Suggest and implement new solutions for our customers.
We are looking for
- Ownership of our Web systems end to end.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, React
- Knowledge of Web API authentication schemes such as OpenID and OAuth.
- In-depth understanding of how Web applications work end to end (HTTP, Web services, REST APIs).
- Understanding general concepts of distributed systems (microservices, message queues, load balancing, caching, etc.).
- Experience working with any public cloud provider, such as AWS or GCP is welcomed.
- Experience integrating Web applications into native mobile applications (using WebView) is welcomed.
- Ability to deliver complete work integrated with the larger system, with test coverage and documentation necessary for high quality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies
- You always advocate for technical excellence and can suggest practical tradeoffs where required.
- You will communicate in English on a daily basis. Proficiency in Japanese is welcomed but not strictly required.
- Working remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Employee stock option program participation
- Referral bonus of 250,000 JPY per successful hire
- Communication allowance (10,000 JPY/month)
- Remote work allowance (3000 JPY/month)
- 20 annual paid leave
- 10 annual sick and carer leave
- Health and social insurance support
- Ability to work from overseas for short periods
- Learning support (7500 JPY/quarter)