As part of the Hardware system team, you will be dedicated to
reshaping how Mujin controller systems are made tomorrow - with higher
performance and quality at a better cost.
In this position, you will be responsible for Mujin controller
system or submodule hardware design and give product technical support to
You are fully knowledged in Product life cycle management and
safety life cycle management, can design and build automated tools to ensure
the functionality of the product to bring the Mujin hardware design quality to
the next level Will be familiar not just with the electronics but also be able
to get involved with embedded software engineering, enabling you to collaborate
with other teams such as backend or robotics team, system integration team and
corporate team to smoothly deliver our robotics system to our customers.
ideal candidate must have demonstrable experience and expertise in
- Embedded Systems Design
- Good understanding of Analog and Digital communication
- Experience working with computer-controlled systems, power
electronics, high-speed bus design, and DFM
- Proficiency with programming microcontrollers in assembly or C++
- Proficiency with Verilog or VHDL and FPGA designs
- Experience with communication bus interfaces (e.g. Internal
memory, PCIe, USB)
- Experience with PCB design software (Altium Designer preferred).
- Design new product
- Benchmark/evaluation solutions
- Design test tools
- Design to product ECR/DCR
More details about the responsibilities
- Research to consider technical solutions that will meet the
defined requirements, perform proof of concepts, recommend specific technical
solutions, provide effort estimates & schedule the specific work tasks,
execute the development work as planned, and fully document all work activities.
- Creating hardware design specifications and documents for new
- Perform analog and digital circuit analysis, design,
implementation, debugging, and testing.
Development & maintenance of controller/CPU products and interface
- Ensure all products are manufacturable and resolve
manufacturing-related issues; Support the development and maintenance of
manufacturing test equipment and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining FPGA designs for products and test
- PCB layout and manufacturing for the prototype.
- Collaborate with software developers to create low-level drivers
for hardware turn-on and SW support.
- Support currently shipping products by implementing design
changes as needed.
- Work with component vendors to select and prepare detailed
specifications for new components.
- Conduct EMC pre-scans and testing and then use mitigating design
techniques to ensure designs meet compliance criteria that are needed to ship
Required Skills & Experience
- BC, MS, or Ph.D. in electrical/computer engineering or other
engineering disciplines 5+ years of professional experience in electrical,
firmware, and system-level design of embedded systems with a bachelor's degree
or 3+ years of professional experience with a master's degree or with a Ph.D.
- Experience, training, or knowledge of Field Programmable gate
Array (FPGA) development tools and simulation tools using VHDL or Verilog
- Understanding of embedded real-time platforms and experience,
training, or knowledge in developing and debugging real-time applications in
embedded electronic environments.
- Able to work hands-on with electro-mechanical components and test
tools including multimeters, oscilloscopes, power analyzers, spectrum analyzers,
logic analyzers, programmable power supplies, temperature humidity test
- Experience with C and C++ programming languages and experience
using a software debugging environment.
- Willingness to learn specialized tools for embedded development, such
as background debuggers and in-circuit emulators.
- Business-level English in reading, speaking, and writing.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of functional safety standards such as IEC 61508.
- Experience in designing tight power, heat dissipation, EMC,
reliability, and cost requirements.
- Proficient with PSPICE.
- Experience with wireless communications (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth).
- Experienced in designing, developing, and certifying functional
safety, medical, automotive, or aerospace products hardware product.
- Experience in PLC programming.
Mujin Benefits/Daily life in Mujin
If you relocate from outside of Japan, Mujin will pay for the
- Flight Fee (One-way flights to Japan)
- Shipping Expenses (Up to 1,000 USD)
- Temporary Housing: Only for one month. And the rent will be
deducted from your monthly salary.
8:45～17:45 (Includes 1-hour break)
- Two full days off per week (Saturday, Sunday)
- Holidays scheduled on the Company’s calendar
- Paid Leaves
- Congratulation/Condolence, Maternity/Childcare, Family Caregiver
Flexible depending on experience and skills