Zehitomo runs a matching platform for freelancers and local businesses across Japan. They connect people looking for local services with professionals who want to provide them. Zehitomo attracts over 200,000 professionals from all over Japan in more than 500 categories, including yoga instructors, piano lessons, photographers, kitchen remodeling, and air conditioner cleaning etc.
They don’t charge any intermediary fees, and their model is to charge professionals when they send users a quote, which is very reasonable at around 500 yen per quote on average. By creating an environment where Japanese professionals (sole proprietors) can easily do business, Zehitomo creates a fair and transparent market where highly specialized people can properly make money.
Two of their founders are well versed in both Silicon Valley and Japanese culture. This has helped them build a culture that combines the best of Silicon Valley and Japan.
They aim to make decisions quickly and think logically while constantly improving their processes. This makes it a perfect environment for people who want to work in a flat, global team made up of a small number of professionals, that focuses on speed.
Zehitomo hires regardless of nationality or place of residence. Also, they're planning to hire specialists rather than generalists in the future.
For developers, the company has adopted an agile development style using cutting-edge technologies such as mongoDB, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js. This provides an environment with lots of opportunities to learn about the latest technologies. They're also able to hire people who can speak either Japanese or English at a business level.
Zehitomo's policies during COVID-19 are as follows:
- Zehitomo opened their hiring for overseas candidates!
- Moved our engineering and product teams to remote work in March 2020
- Moving to all of our social events online
- All meetings are conducted online
- we make use of several convenient SaaS tools to help us brainstorm and get our work done
- Luckily, our business did not suffer much from this situation since our core focus is in helping local area professionals find new clientele to work with (and vice versa), professionals and their clients are more open than ever to working together online. With this in mind, we continue to encourage and help service providers move their businesses online as much as possible to help them weather COVID-19 impacts.
Jobs at Zehitomo
Zehitomo Detailed Data
- Local Business
- Professional Services
Latest Tech Jobs 🇯🇵
Explore the top developer jobs in Japan for foreigners
Get Job Alerts
Sign up for our newsletter to get hand-picked tech jobs in Japan – straight to your inbox.