# What is “Kurashiru retail platform?”
On this platform, we support retailers to go through digital transformation (DX), for example, to help them launch their online shop, and digitally operate sales promotion.
We would like to hire new members for this platform-for-retailers model, which is part of “Kurashiru flier business”.
# Why we created this flier business
Retailers are struggling to maintain the number of customers, especially that of the younger generation, for instance supermarkets having fewer young consumers than before. For supermarkets, fliers tucked in newspapers were the main resource to maintain/attract consumers, but because fewer people now subscribe to the papers in Japan (25% decrease in newspaper subscription in the last 20 years), it is less likely for people to see/pay attention to fliers.
So, we believe that we can be of great help to retailers if we display their fliers (digitally) on our Kurashiru app because the app has been downloaded more than 30 million times, and the main users are in their 20s and 30s. This is also a brilliant solution to already Kurashiru users who have thought “where can I buy ingredients for recipes I find on Kurashiru”.
# This business’s future plan and the reason why we are now hiring
Currently, we display retailers’ fliers on Kurashiru app and on our own website. We also suggest recipes matching the promoted goods on the fliers, out of 38,000 recipes on Kurashiru.
# Job description
- To develop the API server for mobile apps
- To develop the server for the website
- To develop the front-end and API servers for the management site
# Appeal of this job
<About the service and product>
- Can be part of a team at a beginning phase, trying to make business in digitally transforming Retail industry, which attracts so much attention all over the world.
- Can be a leading person in the market since this new market has been growing rapidly.
- Can experience many aspects of business, which is typical of the beginning phase.
<About the team and development>
- Currently 5 people in the team, so can easily talk to/ understand each other.
- Can experience others’ field and get feedback and covered from others.
- Can get so much feedback from users since this is one of the biggest service for customers.
- Can work on what you think you can improve since the app was released only a year and half ago.
- Can do data analysis and think about the PDCA cycle based on the analysis.
# Required experience
- Have 2 years or more experience on Ruby on Rails.
# Preferred experience
- Have experience in developing a large-scale service (while taking stress testing into consideration).
- Have experience in OSS and contribute to it.
- Have experience not only in development, but also in management.
- Have experience in releasing web services (either as an individual or as a member of a team in a company).
- Have experience in constructing and operating infrastructures.
# Candidates suitable for this position can be those
- Who always think about users first, and act accordingly.
- Who think about business expansion first rather than about their own opinions, and choose and implement designs based on this way of thinking.
- Who would like to develop based on data such as activity logs.
- Who can support team members and improve how to develop in order to mixmize the team’s output.