Since its foundation in 1992, GLOBIS has fostered management ecosystems of people, capital, and knowledge. Today, the company is involved in a range of activities, from higher education and corporate training to venture capital. GLOBIS also operates the G1 Institute and the KIBOW Foundation, both non-profit organizations to promote creativity and innovation in society. The GLOBIS MBA and corporate training programs are offered both online and in-person across Japan, Shanghai, Singapore, Thailand and San Francisco. GLOBIS University is the proud home of Japan's No. 1 MBA and is rapidly growing to claim this title for all of Asia and the globe.
As education is undergoing a major transformation through technology, GLOBIS established the GLOBIS Digital Platform Division in 2016 in order to develop it into an Ed-Tech venture, and currently has more than 200 employees in the division. With the mission to “expand people’s horizons by creating the future of education," GLOBIS is committed to achieving its vision of becoming a leading global Ed-Tech company born in Japan.
GLOBIS Unlimited is our e-learning platform that provides an opportunity for busy professionals to learn business wherever and whenever they like. Short, practical courses cover topics ranging from MBA essentials to the latest business trends. New learners find an accessible gateway into the world of business, while experienced professionals can update their knowledge and reinforce key concepts.
GLOBIS Corporation is looking for an experienced sales consultant to join the GLOBIS Unlimited Business Development Team. Your main focus will be to sell our e-learning service to a growing international client base, overseeing all aspects of the sales funnel, from lead generation to contract finalization, with a strong focus on bringing new, unexplored clients to GLOBIS.
As a member of the business development team, you will be given autonomy to execute your tasks and reach your targets, while working together with a diverse, vibrant and dynamic team.
- Build and execute a lead generation strategy to bring in new clients
- Work with key collaborators to develop effective sales strategies including sales pitches and approaches
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (mainly: marketing team, customer success team, vendors and partner agencies) to reach sales targets
- Create a regional plan that identifies priority clients and strategies in order to grow specific territory sales targets.
- Organize key events, sponsorships, collaboration, and other initiatives to drive sales and service awareness
- Design and execute strategic sales plan that expands our service client base and ensures it’s strong presence in the market
Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Successful previous experience as a sales consultant
- Native English proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from generation to close
- Japanese proficiency (JLPT N3 or higher)
- Proactive sales starter, highly driven, and detail-oriented
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Solid presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Eager to nurture and develop professional relationship with a variety of stakeholders
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Have a strong interest in GLOBIS business and GLOBIS WAY
Qualifications - Required
- Experience working with Salesforce and Pardot
- Strong passion in the education, L&D, and technology solutions industries
- Working knowledge of the e-learning industry
- Regional market research skills
- Global sales experience, selling across borders
- Experience dealing with C-suite clients
*All interviews will be conducted online otherwise requested.
- CV/Cover letter Submission and screening
- 1st interview with manager/leader
- 2nd interview with HR and Director
- 3rd interview with Managing Director of GLOBIS Digital Platform
- 4th interview with Managing Director of HR (there may not be the 4th interview)