PayPay Product Designers are committed to eliminating user inconvenience and providing new value at all touch points originating from payments, not just only QR code payments. PayPay is looking for a Product Designer who will join us to promote product creation that prioritizes user experience.
Our mission is to support all of the important touchpoints in a user’s life from in-store to offline payments and asset management, and to update the user experience for Wallet and Money Management features. We aim to deliver a convenient and economical experience that everyone can use in their daily lives.
Work with engineers and product managers to develop new features and improve existing features that put user experience top priority.
Experience various challenges to deliver a new financial experience to users.
- Design the total UX/UI for PayPay application and app/web tools for PayPay merchants.
- Design UX strategy based on project goals.
- Create design concepts using frameworks such as creating user personas and journey maps
- UX flow and UI design based on concept
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis using questionnaires and interviews
- Analyze and suggest improvements using numerical analysis tools
- Other wide range of work related to product design, such as organizing design workshops
- Commit to the business by designing a high-level UX strategy based on a deep understanding of PayPay's strategy and KGI/KPI, and a comprehensive decision to balance profit and UX.
- Communicate closely with other roles, such as product managers and engineers, as well as stakeholders, and make decisions based on a wide perspective of PayPay's overall UX, not as a single function of the UX.
- Team management, quality control, and training junior to middle-level designers.
- More than 6 years of hands-on professional experience in mobile app (iOS/Android) or mobile web UX/UI design.
- Experience in UX/UI design using Figma and Adobe
- Hands-on experience in product release, effectiveness measurement, and product improvement
- Business conversation level in Japanese or English
- Experience in using PayPay application
- Hands-on experience in design utilizing HCD (Human Centered Design) and design thinking
- Experience in facilitating design workshop
- Experience in designing and conducting user surveys and interview scripts
- Experience in managing in-house services
- Experience working on multiple projects from requirement definition to prototyping and visual design
- Experience in building and operating design systems
- Management experience
- Conversational level in both Japanese and English
Ideal candidate profile
- Flexible and like to take on new challenges
- Ability to discover issues on their own, propose improvement methods, and bring them to fruition
- Has a user-centric mindset and willingness to commit to the business by drawing up optimal design strategies
- Team-oriented and able to communicate smoothly with other professionals
- High-level leadership skills to lead projects to success by involving others