Payment systems using credit cards, e-money, the Web, and apps are no longer inseparable from our lives. Rakuten Card has been the industry's top class with more than 25 million members, the No.1 credit card handling volume in Japan(based on its own issuance) for the four consecutive years, and the No.1 customers satisfaction rate for 13 consecutive years. Even now, we continue to grow with the high goal achieving triple3(30 million credit card issuance, 30 trillion yen in shopping handling volume, and a 30% share of the credit card industry ) without slowing down.
Our system department handles all system that support the expanding service lineup, such as rapidly growing membership and transaction value, and upgrade Rakuten e-NAVI and Rakuten Card application services. The scope of responsibility is wide-ranging, including card payment systems, credit management systems, Rakuten e-NAVI, Rakuten Card application, call center systems and other systems.
The experience at our company is very stimulating as an engineer, as you will be involved from the top stream, making full use of cutting-edge technology.
Why We Hire
We are enhancing our data management policies and data architecture to provide a secure, scalable, and high availability service to our customers.
- Contribute to specifications, designs, and detailed implementation decisions.
- Take an active part in verification of new data models.
- Coordinating and collaborating with other teams across time zones and locations to share database management practices within the company.
- Decide on the platforms and coding standards to be used in project development for database access layer.
- Present technical concepts, prototypes and specific solutions to internal and external audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise and easily understood manner.
- Operational enhancement based in best practices.
- Introducing the new tools for more efficient management of our databases.
- Business-level communication skills in Japanese or English
- Information engineering or related knowledge
- Understanding basic statistics
- Ability to work alone and collaborate with international colleagues
- Software development experience. Especially Python, Java
- Experience implementing using machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, scikit-learn, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
- Basic knowledge and operational ability of Linux
- Knowledge of SQL / relational database
- Knowledge of data science methods such as SQL, regression, trees, and clustering Knowledge of relational databases
- Experience in natural language processing using neural networks
- Experience in managing and operating big data using Spark, Parquet, Hive, Impala, Kafka, etc.
- Experience in designing, developing, and operating AI infrastructure using cloud and Kubernetes
- Experience in data analysis using a data warehouse / BI system
- Practical experience related to the development and operation of business systems including large-scale data and large-scale transactions
Additional information on Location
Tokyo (Rakuten Crimson House Aoyama Office) or Fukuoka Office
Additional information on Secondment
You will be employed by Rakuten Group, Inc. and transferred to Rakuten Card Co., Ltd.