A metaverse for deep creation.
O is an art technology studio based in the US and Japan. O’s mission is to amplify creativity through our daily digital interfaces. O is building interfaces that enable new realizations and artistic discoveries through the process of collaborating with the visualization of our thinking.
Our main product is MEs, a metaverse application where creators and artists foster their ideas and creativity while connecting with each other freely. It works as a “second brain”, where users can create a personal knowledge collection, and also includes a multiplayer world.
Shape the future of the company
As a developer, you’ll be working on a product that is the heart of the company. You’ll be able to work with a variety of creators through active discussions from initial product design to implementation.
Exceptional and diverse team
We are a team that includes former entrepreneurs, people who have worked in tech companies such as Google, Yamaha, CyberAgent, Ubisoft, and Cluster, people who have placed second in the Chinese Coding Olympics, and people who have developed their own game engines from scratch. All of the dev team comes from international backgrounds but unites with one passion, to build MEs!
Game Engineer (Currently only looking to hire from June at the earliest.)
- Developing MEs - the heart of O Ltd.
Specific tasks, including but not limited to:
- Writing C++ classes for file handling, compression
- Writing APIs for local database management
- Writing UI code using Slate and UMG
- Creating audio subsystems for event-driven audio playback
- Design and implementation of backend code
- DevOps and deployment on AWS
- Writing gameplay logic using blueprints
- Performance optimization for Unreal Engine
- Making prototyping tools for debugging
- 3+ years experience working as a game engineer/developer
- C++, Unreal Engine
- Conversational Japanese ability
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- AWS, SQL, SQLite, Docker, Go, Python experience
- C# and Unity Experience
- Tool programming, Technical Art, DirectX, OpenGL Graphics frameworks
- Interest in AR/XR/Metaverse and Web3
- We seek candidates who are motivated by the evolving dynamics of engineering and design in the 21st century to investigate the relationship between technology and power, pedagogy, and metaverse development.
- The ideal candidate values collaboration, thinks creatively and flexibly, and actively contributes to a vibrant and innovative community of creators.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a broad, multi-faceted creative environment that explores and expands critical thinking, inclusive culture, and diverse contextual design while valuing the fundamentals of design, form, process, and communication.
1. Form of employment: Full-time (permanent)
2. Location: Tokyo
- Remote & at the office (Minami-Azabu)
3. Annual Salary: 4~15M JPY (negotiable)
4. Time off: weekends, public holidays, year-end, and new years
5. Foreign member: 76+%
6. English usage: 76+%