PayPay, a fintech company, that achieved more than 40M users within around 3 years since its launch in 2018 has hugely diversified employees who are from 40 different countries. The number of employees by now is more than 1,000 staff members, and yet the company is still incomplete and at a growing stage.
To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm, the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technologies , we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan.
Our biggest competitor is "cash". We are seeking for people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed that other companies could never achieve, and who are passionate about promoting and spreading such a financial life platform in a short time along with professionalism.
About our working style, we had introduced a new personnel system called WFA (Working From Anywhere*). At PayPay, we work fully remotely in Japan. Therefore, the working place or your living place doesn't matter. Even if you are living in a local area, the salary and benefit package will be at an international level while you enjoy working with world class colleagues. You will find such a way of working at PayPay!
*This WFA policy is applicable only within Japan.
At PayPay, we’re constantly working on improving our systems and processes to be prepared for PayPay’s exponential growth. As an SRE at PayPay, we strive towards empowering our developers with the right tools and ensuring high availability, top-notch performance so that our users can have a great experience with our services.
Considering PayPay’s growth, we are looking for experienced SRE who can deliver insights into system bottlenecks, ensure reliability of the system and ensure that CI/CD processes are efficient and scalable for the increasing number of services that our company is offering.
Specifically, we are looking for someone who can bring informed and unique viewpoints, enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team and is actively pushing boundaries to develop scalable solutions and positive user experiences.
- Building software and solutions for teams to optimize SDLC
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality and velocity of deployments
- Analyze current technologies used in the company and develop steps to improve observability and visibility into potential bottlenecks
- Ensuring system stability by pre-emptively verifying failure scenarios and implement solutions to reduce MTTR
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
- Develop solutions to improve system performance with a focus on high availability, scalability and resilience
- Establish SLAs for service uptime, and integrate with telemetry and alerting platforms to enforce them
- To ensure seamless flow of information between teams, document the knowledge gained.
- Be up to date on modern technologies and trends to advocate for their inclusion within products if they are an added value
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and implementation
- CI/CD implementation expertise
- Experienced in docker image management and optimizations
- Knowledge about storage options like SQL, NoSQL and distributed storage like TiDB
- Experience operating Kubernetes and managing manifests
- Ability to program with one or more high level languages like Python, Java, etc
- Proactive in finding problems, areas of improvements and performance bottlenecks for distributed systems
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS and production workloads
- Strong coding skills with one or more high level languages
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude
- Keen on trying new technologies and taking up challenges
- Knowledge about Microservices
- Knowledge about observability and how to gather data
- System design experience and capacity planning for large distributed systems
- Understanding of Automation tools and implementation
- Terraform/cloud formation experience
- Experience with managing monitoring tools like Cloudwatch, NewRelic etc.
Minato-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
(Basically we work fully remotely in Japan)
• Forms of employment: Permanent Staff
• Full-remote work （stay In Japan)
• Salary: Based on experience, skills, performance and contribution.
• Salary Increase: Reviewed based on performance evaluation and PayPay's business performance.
NOTE: In principle, you will be reviewed for a raise once in a year.
• Special Incentive : Payment based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation (once in a year)
• Various Allowances: Overtime allowance, late-night work allowance and Work from home allowance (100,000JPY/year)
• Working Hours: In principle, from 10:00am to 18:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m＋1 hour lunch break from 12pm to 13pm in principle) NOTE: We use super flextime system which do not set core hours.
• Days Off: Saturdays and Sundays. National holidays. Year end holidays from December 29th to January 4th.
• Holidays: Annual paid leave, congratulatory or condolence leave, maternity leave, sick/injured child care leave, family care leave and etc.
• Benefits: Social insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance,) defined contribution pension system (TBC) and etc.
1. Application Review (1-2 weeks)
We review your profile based on your submitted materials.
2. Coding Test (Online
2. 1 - 3 Interviews (online)
You will have 1 to 3 interviews with our engineers.
PayPayコーポレートブログ Corporate Blog
PayPayプロダクトブログ Product Blog